Is this normal on iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Chairman.Jobbie, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Chairman.Jobbie macrumors 6502

When I swipe right to bring up the Search page on my iPad Air 1 I only ever see 3 apps suggested - the last 3 apps used (without typing in a search). I'll try to post a pic shortly. But when I swipe across on my iPad mini 4 I see 6 apps suggested (the last 6 apps used) under the search bar. Why is this?

Also when I compare the width on the search page / bar on the iPad Air 2 (which also shows 6 apps) with my iPad Air 1 the iPad Air 2 it is wider.

Have apple restricted some thing like this iOS things on older devices? I know they've limited some new features like using 2 apps at the same time but I didn't think this would be - so I'm wondering whether something has glitched when I upgraded to iOS 9?

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

there are 6 apps on my iPad Air

3. Chairman.Jobbie thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm.. Anyone else? Looks like I'll have to do a clean install and lose a large part of a week of my life slowly putting everything back on :confused:

4. George Waseem macrumors regular

George Waseem

there is a slight difference between the one on iOS 9.2 and iOS 9.1 usually in width, no. of apps

5. Chairman.Jobbie thread starter macrumors 6502

All the iPads have iOS 9.1 so there should be no difference.

6. George Waseem macrumors regular

George Waseem

Some users and developers already upgraded to iOS 9.2 beta 4 which has been out since 2 and 1/2 weeks

7. Chairman.Jobbie thread starter macrumors 6502

I mean the iPads I have are all 9.1

8. George Waseem macrumors regular

George Waseem

Oh sorry, I misunderstood, anyways, it maybe just a bug present on iPad Air. Maybe it's already fixed on iOS 9.2. Have u compared it to another iPad Air 1 running the same iOS ??

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Have you tried a reset by turning the iPad Off and On.

Or a Reset by holding the power button and home button together until the  logo appears.

10. Chairman.Jobbie, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2015

Chairman.Jobbie thread starter macrumors 6502

Installed 9.2 and now I have 5 apps in portrait and 7 apps suggested in landscape and an almost full width window when in landscape - looks like it's fixed... :D Saved me a fresh install (hopefully).