Is this normal or can apple fix this?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zorahk, Jan 9, 2009.

1. zorahk macrumors 6502

I've had my 2.53ghz unibody since october and I noticed that the lid is not closing properly and that the black on the back is not aligned, which could be part of the problem. Here you can see: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can someone check their mbp and see if theirs looks like this, and if not, would apple fix this for me? I haven't ever dropped the machine or anything which would cause this, I think it's just time for a readjustment of the hinge.

2. Crash1234 macrumors regular

Mine is not like that, but if you've had yours for a couple of months by now, I don't think there is much you can do. It's probably been that way since you bought it. I understand how that could be annoying, but I doubt apple will consider it anything that's worthy of fixing. You should take it in and see though.

3. zorahk thread starter macrumors 6502

I know that the hinge cannot be adjusted from the outside (well, without brute force lol)

So I want to know if there is a way to move it from the inside of the computer? Is there a screw that loosens the hinge and allows me to tweak the positioning, or is there no physical way to move it? It seems to me like the entire hinge has been moved to the right about 1mm. It just needs to be moved back. It wasn't like this when I got it, I think it may have shifted after awhile. I know there is a takedown guide over at ifixit but I cannot tell if there is a way to move the hinge. It is not very detailed.

4. grubworth macrumors member

My mbp has also done this, it is annoying as it doesn't feel as flush! exactly the same as those pics above.

Whats annoying is I'm sure it a very simple adjustment to fix.

5. zorahk thread starter macrumors 6502

I took it into the store today and they're going to fix it.

So to the above poster, just do that.