Is this normal or do I have a problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SirStrumalot, Apr 29, 2011.

1. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

Hey guys, I may or may not have a battery problem. That's down from a 100%. During this time, I was mostly streaming radio (iHeartradio), checking facebook/twitter and doing some light browsing on 3G and (later) Wifi. Do I have a problem that I should get checked out? My phone's running 4.2.1.

Attached Files:

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I'm assuming you are on an iPhone 4, which advertises 6 hours of battery life when using the internet on 3G (10 over wifi).

So seeing that you've been using the phone for 6 hours and have 14% battery life yet, that seems normal. But if it's really bothering you, take it into the store. The worst that will happen is they say that your battery is working fine.

3. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

So when you were using 3G and WiFi to stream music from the interent and surfing the web and it killed your battery? Sounds pretty normal to me.

It seems like this is the first time that it has happened to you. Why don't you keep an eye on it for the next couple of days and see if you have a problem.

Double check that you are correctly charging/discharging your battery, i.e: drawing the battery down all the way (i.e around 20%) before charging back up - and that you charge to 100% (not plug in for 15 minutes and go, etc).

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Anywhere from 5-7 hours is normal for what you were doing. Nothing to worry about.

5. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep an eye on it. I was just a little concerned because I had it plugged in all night and it was down to 14% by 10am. I was streaming radio over 3G for the majority of that time though.

Yup Deacon, it is an i4.