Is this normal or lucky? Verizon unlimited data.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RedlegsFan, Dec 14, 2014.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

So I had a 4S on a Verizon corporate plan. I could of sworn once I upgraded to new hardware the plan would automatically be moved to a 5GB data limit. I am now on a 6 Plus and confirmed I still have unlimited data. Is this normal? I swear I heard at some point unlimited plans were a thing of the past and upgrading would cause those on the plans to be moved to a data limit plan.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds Like you got lucky.
    There is ways to upgrade and keep your unlimited data on Verizon even though you're not supposed to be able to keep it if you upgrade your device.

3. JulesJam macrumors 68020

JulesJam

From where did you order? Did you transfer an upgrade? Did you use an already activated SIM card to activate the phone?

There are many methods to get a subsidized phone and keep your UDP. You can read about them in the wiki on this thread:

http://slickdeals.net/f/6964624-upgrade-and-keep-your-unlimited-data-with-verizon

4. whyflyguy macrumors newbie

If you upgrade your phone using the promo prices then you will lose your unlimited plan, if you buy a phone off ebay or wherever or from Verizon for full price and just activate it on your line, then youll keep UDP.

5. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

This happened to me. I pre-ordered my iPhone 6 Plus through VZW's website and chose a 5GB plan. Whenever it came in, I used the SIM card that I already had instead of the one they sent me. Once my phone upgraded, my plan never did and I still have my unlimited data.

6. arggg14 macrumors 6502a

Looks like you got lucky. I use other lines on my account to buy the phone at the 2 year contract price.