Is this normal to have these kind of problems?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wodnjs13, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Wodnjs13 macrumors newbie

I just feel quite stupid and bit angry with the staff at O2 shop who looked at my iphone when i took it to get it checked up after finding several problems, treating me like some kind of unpleasant complainer kind.
    some problems i found are as follows,

1. the volumn controller on the ear phone stopped working. - it did not work but when he did something it started working again- giving me this look, but im not that stupid not to try anything to make it work, i did try pressing any buttons etc before -
    2. the internet stopped working, its got frozen for a few days-when i got into the internet mode, nothing worked, like any buttons, adress bar etc etc comepletely frozen and strangely it started working today again. told him but didnt seem to believe me at all..
    3. the bar you u slide when u press the button from sleeping mode- it also gets frozen (bar doesnt move) and didnt work for a few minutes (happens quite regularly.)

there are the main problems iv been having lately, there are some other minor problems but i am just wondering if this is normal ??
    He said its all software problems so nothings wrong-

this is my first time using iphone as well as smartphone ever so I dont know what to expect, so pls be nice

thanks for your time

2. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Your one acutal mistake was that you went to the carrier instead of to an Apple store.

If you don't have any Apple stores then I feel sorry for you but if you DO have one then you now know how to avoid this problem next time!

The next time this happens, find someone else and have them try it. I suspect it's your hands, not the phone. It'd be good to confirm that by having someone else try it.

It happens to me on hot days when I'm sweating, but I've known some people who have clammy hands who have problems with it more often. Try using your knuckle or some other part of your hand that might not be as moist as your finger. It's just that unlock bar...I think its sensitivity is set lower than other buttons to avoid accidental unlockings. Once I get in I never have problems.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

No, that's not normal.

Try restoring the OS. If that doesn't work, take it to an Apple Store.

4. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

^ This!

5. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

And for good measure after you restore make sure you set up as a new phone and not restore from backup.

6. sMiK macrumors regular

sMiK

what does that mean? the 'internet'? is that safari? I would try just literally killing safari in multitasking switcher by holding it and then tapping the minus on it. or restart the phone.

if that happens too often, try restoring the phone, or phone up apple care 0844 209 0611 :apple: