Is This "Normal Wear And Tear"?

Velin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle

If I'm the one behind the Genius Bar, I promise you, Apple Care is covering any damage resulting from this use.

J the Ninja

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
You really do wonder how many people use their laptops on the toilet. I never have...

Comment

nufanec

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
Ah, the good old squat and surf... and maybe she's even enjoying a bit of sh*tter twitter.

Comment

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
You can't be without a computer for, roughly, twenty minutes?

Comment

Gonzo3333

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Chicago, IL
I almost wonder if using your laptop on the toilet will void the AppleCare warranty like it does for smokers. Just think if you used your compter every time you were on the toilet. There must be some kind of bio-hazard entering your computer from extensive use while on the toilet. Just think of the keyboard. Gross.

Comment

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2006
This reminds me of a story from a friend of mine. He was a freshman at college last year and his parents bought him a brand new shiny Macbook Pro to take to school. The very first weekend he was at school there was a "gathering" in his dorm room. Somehow during that evening a girl he had just met got so drunk that she ended up urinating on his new Macbook Pro. How on earth you get so drunk that you mistake a MBP for a toilet, I don't know. It wasn't like she was getting back at him for something or anything like that either.

Anyways, she ended up paying to get it "fixed" which involved sending it to Apple and explaining the situation. Apparently they've heard it all before and it was nothing new to them.

Now if it was me, I don't think I would have made her "fix" it, I would have given it to her and made her buy a new one for me.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.