Is this normal??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mariot, Sep 16, 2011.

1. mariot macrumors member

I am very sorry about this ignorant question and I have done some research to get clarification but I am still not sure. I just got my macbook pro so I am not sure what to expect with battery life.

My battery was at 75% last night . I used it to watch two episodes of Breaking Bad did some light browsing and downloaded songs from u torrent. I had the keyboard light at the lowest and brightness at 50% . So basically by the time I was done my battery was at 21% . Is it normal to have lost 54% in that short a time ?

Thanks
    Mario

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

how long is breaking bad?

3. mariot thread starter macrumors member

I used the mac for about two hours and ten minutes. Breaking bad is about an hour and a half for both episodes .

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Yup than that's normal the 7 hour battery is doing nothing so 5 hours of use is more accurate so looks like you were on pace for about that

5. mariot thread starter macrumors member

6. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

Under full load the 15" with the so called 7 hour battery life can die in about 1 hour.
    You have 77Wh in a 15" and 63Wh on 13". Whatever the notebook consumes on average as a whole, you use as a denominator. Wh/W = runtime in h.
    A 15" can go as low as 7.5W at idle lowest brightness and a maximum of 93W which is somewhat limited by the power adapter the peak is actually higher.
    Thus battery life can be between 10h and 50 min.

7. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

Here's my battery and internet speed calculator.
    (for apple computers only)

"battery life" - 2 = real battery life.
    my 5 hour macbook pro gets only 3 hours of actual battery life
    7 hour macs i hear get about 5.

"internet speed you purchased" - .5MB/s = real speed
    :D