Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jlluna, Apr 17, 2012.

1. jlluna macrumors 6502

Hello folks. I have an ipad2 that I have owned for 7 months now. It is in excellent condition but when I first got it from apple it had a little lite showing from the top coner of the iPad, but now it seems like its spreading. Shoud I take it to apple to get this checked? Thanks for any advice any one could give me on this problem.

Attached Files:

2. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Sounds like your bezel is slowly lifting away from the base. My guess is the bezel wasn't glued down correctly, definitely take to genius.

3. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

If you're not too far away from an apple store, take it in. They'll tell you if it's normal or not (I personally don't think it is).

4. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

I just posted some pictures of my iPad. what do you think?

5. parapup macrumors 65816

parapup

What (s)he said in previous post is right. I returned an iPad 3 for exact same reason and the "genius" mentioned something similar. Take it to Apple.

6. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

Will do then. i will make an appointment with apple for tomorrow. it was very small when i first got my iPad but now it is allot larger. when i got my iPad 3 did not have that problem nor my iPad 1. its just this one. that sucks because my iPad 2 is engraved. i hope they could fix it

7. barryl85 macrumors regular

My 3rd gen ipad has a very small bit of light bleed near the front facing camera, do you guys think it will get worse like this ipad 2 over time?

Im happy with my new ipad but if it will get worse it doesnt seem like i'll have much choice but to go see a genius!

8. jlluna thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought the same thing with mine when I first got it. I baby my iPad and take really good care of it,had a bodygaurdz front and back and it has been in a case since day one, but it is still splitting more. So time will only tell.