Is this normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by purpletacoz, May 15, 2012.

1. purpletacoz macrumors newbie

So I was at my friends house when I shut my MacBook down I saw this, is this normal? It looks like the right side has more of that soft gummy thing that separates the screen glass from touching the aluminum. I only have like 2 weeks with it so I can still go to the apple store and get a replacement

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337141153.736584.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337141199.912918.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Looks fine to me. Production is rarely spot on with the rubber there- mine the entire display assembly is a bit off. If it annoys you a lot though, return it

3. SEGeologist macrumors member

Yes, I would get to a apple store ASAP. The machine is supposed to be manufactured to high tolerances towards engineering. I have seen apple replace machines for even less.

This could lead to other concerns later down the road and cause you not to be under warranty.

4. purpletacoz thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you guys know how apple deals with the returns? Ive only had it for 11 days and I was thinking about going to tomorrow. Do they replace it with a new out of the box MacBook or what?

5. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

I believe it's a 14 day returns policy. I'd probably return it with everything that came with it, since they'll probably give you a new one.

6. coolmacoz macrumors newbie

Apple's DOA (Death On Arrival) policy is 14 days, but need to take it back to where you bought it from.
    On the other hand, in South Korea , it's 30 days.