Is this normal ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1member1, Mar 20, 2013.

1. 1member1 macrumors 6502

I just saw some dots on my macbook pro retina screen I tried to clean it with a cloth that come with glasses but it seems they won't disappear.

Here's a picture : http://postimage.org/image/cte0r5s1p/

I can see it on a white and mostly black background. if there is a good light on my screen i can see much more of them..
    I believe it's a samsung screen. the dots feels like the between the screen and the glue.

2. Hungry&Foolish Suspended

Dampen the cleaning cloth which came with the Mac and try cleaning, Looks like stains.

3. 1member1 thread starter macrumors 6502

yes I don't have the cleaning cloth that came with it. someone bought it in the US and forgot to take it with him.

anyway what should i buy to clean it ? how does everyone clean their retina screen ?

thanks for the quick reply

4. Hungry&Foolish Suspended

That glasses cloth you have should work fine. Don't make it wet, just a little damp.

5. 1member1 thread starter macrumors 6502

with a little water that disappeared :O
    Thank you. I might need to clean my screen more often.

sending it here for repair and my laptop is taken for a week so I'm glad it's nothing serious :D

6. Hungry&Foolish Suspended

Nice :) Another thing, Make sure when you clean, your Mac is turned off.

7. mykem macrumors regular

Another option is to use distilled water in the same way you would water- by slightly damping the cloth.

A more expensive but perhaps more effective is to use a good lens cleaner. Apply the cleaner (in very small amount) on the cloth you're cleaning the screen with but never apply the cleaner on the screen itself. Kodak used to make one. Use it sparingly only when the screen is really greasy and smudgy.

8. aman20177, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2017 at 12:03 AM

aman20177 macrumors regular

9. 1member1 thread starter macrumors 6502

a little water with glass cloth removed it. clean your mac once a week I already learned my lesson.