Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

/macuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
It seems like my battery sucks. iPhone 6 plus. Used to last all day. Restored and set up as new. Hardly any apps on phone. Auto brightness is on. Bluetooth on but not used. Location services on but only for apps needed. Same for background app refresh.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I typically get 1 hour of usage for every 10% the battery drains.

That being said, I've turned the percentage indicator off and I just use my phone and plug it in when I go to bed.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
You should use a more descriptive title.

-----

It seems somewhat low, but I don't know how you use your phone. What's your brightness on? That will zap your batter. Bluetooth is on, are you using it? What about location services?

/macuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
That is what I used to get about 10 hours now. 6 a most. Is something wrong? I can't figure out AppleCare says battery is normal to wipe and restore. Made no difference

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Take it fwiw but I've heard 8.1.3 < 8.1.2 < 8.1.1 in terms of battery
Nothing generalized like that. Just different experiences for different people at different times under different conditions. Pretty much applies to any iOS version/update.

tiartrop

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2008
Mine is looking like OP's too.

I haven't managed to get 2-day battery life out of my 6+ like a lot of other people did, but I didn't restore from new either.

I start to wonder what people consider as "heavy" usage. With my heavy usage I'll get 5 hours max.

SoIsays

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2011
I am normally able to get about 10-12hrs from just usage of safari, Facebook, Line, and some other apps on a 70/30 wifi/lte mix. However if I use GPS heavy apps like Uber and Line to track before and during my ride, I can see the % go down 1% every other minute it seems.

/macuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 22, 2013
It seems like no matter what I do it drains super fast. I am not a heavy user. I am on the road all day driving so maybe the constant switching towers is causing it to drain. If I am on the phone it drains fast too.

I mainly use safari and email. Occasionally maps. I am getting like 6-7 hours now. Used to get 10

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Have you considered restoring and setting up as a new device? If so, then sounds like there is a problem with your phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.