is this normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iTeen, Aug 27, 2007.

1. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

is this normal for the original battery capacity less then the current capacity...see below

Attached Files:

2. aaron.lee2006 macrumors 65816

aaron.lee2006

3. Anthony8720 macrumors regular

I guess it's kinda like my friends Honda Civic. For some reason, sometimes it just seems to gain gas over time. Hey, your battery was prob made in Japan too. Maybe the Japanese just know how to break the laws of thermodynamics. Either that or it's just a normal "bug" that you shouldn't worry about. I'm voting for the former.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

u dont take very good care of your battery do you!?!?! you could make it perform better if you took care of it. the little things all help

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

What are you talking about? His battery is actually gaining charge over time as he uses it!

Tell us your secret.

6. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Not a problem.

Look at mine. I got my battery replaced at the beginning of May because the battery update screwed up my first one. Even on that one I was still at 6000mAh after 11 months. I will be using the battery every day now that fall classes have started again so I hope my battery stays the same:cool:. The red dot is showing what it is currently at.

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. NJuul macrumors 6502

I figure that Apple is simply shipping batteries with different capacities, ranging between the advertised 5500mAh and 6400mAh. There can be any number of reasons for this, like they are buying buying batteries from different producers simultaneously, or are in the process of clearing stocks of older batteries no longer in production.
    You just got lucky and received a unit with higher capacity than advertised.

8. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

aawwww crud i only have 5500mAh!!!

so that means if u have a 6400mAh you could get like an extra 1/6th of battery life...pretty much another 30mins.

9. sblasl macrumors 6502a

sblasl

Are the Battery Load cycles excessively high for a 3 month old computer? Won't this shorten the longevity of the battery?