Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by emr25, Jul 22, 2008.

1. emr25 macrumors member

Just got White iPhone 3G last night, everything looks great so fare except for one thing. No bubbles, cracks, misalignes bezels, etc.

The one thing I noticed that did not use to happen on my iPod Touch is this:

When I press the lock button to turn off the screen, it goes black (like it should), but then a line sort of flashes across the middle of the screen and then disappears. It kind of looks like those really old TV's that popped the image into the middle then flashed a greyish circle in the middle of the screen when you turn it off.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and whether it is anything to be concerned about?

Thanks.

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Happens to mine as well... it happened in my 1st generation iPhone as well. Nothing to worry about it.

3. emr25 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

Appreciate the quick response. I figured it was common, just hadn't heard anything (or read) about it. I also didn't think it was much to worry about since it doesn't really affect anything, but better safe than sorry right? :))

4. gcmexico macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

happens to mine as well...I don't like it one bit...never happened on my 1st generation...everyday it seems to me that Apple rushed out the 3g Iphone without working out all the kinks

5. emr25 thread starter macrumors member

I don't like it either, although I am fairly certain it doesn't harm anything, I notice it every time I turn the screen off and just the fact that it is there is a little annoying.

And I would have to agree with you on that as well..don't get my wrong, I love my iPhone, but it does seem it was a little rushed with all of the build issues and software bugs that have been common.

6. tsvb macrumors 6502