Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchman, Jun 17, 2009.

1. touchman macrumors member

Hi all, the sleep/wake button on my 3G is not straight, the left end of it sits slighty lower than the right, it works fine and makes a sturdy click but i'm worried it might be a defect?, has anyone else got this?, also theres some play in it, it feels a little loose but not mega loose if you get me.

I'd appreciate any replies please, thanks

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Wouldn't hurt to take it back and get a replacement iPhone.....:(:(:(

3. moka macrumors 6502a

its practically normal, don't worry about it, most if not all iPhones have this, not a defect really.

4. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

I haven't seen this on an iphone before. I think you are safest asking for a replacement - the uneven button could make it easier for dirt to accumulate at the sides and eventually interfere with the function of the button.

5. touchman thread starter macrumors member

Cheers guys, the thing is my iphone is flawless apart from this, no dead pixels, no light leak, no cracks etc... if i get a replacement i'm sure i'll have at least one of these issues and i don't want to get into the replacement cycle were i'm constantly changing them to find a perfect one because i don't think i'll find one.

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

Both my 3G iPhones are like this. The left side (when facing you) sits a teeny bit lower than the right. Normal, and I got mine a year ago. :)

7. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

Mine is like this too. I have had no issues with it in the 11 months I have had the phone.

8. touchman thread starter macrumors member

Another thing i have noticed is the sleep/wake button does not stick out as much on the 3g as it does on the 2g, mine sticks out about the thickness of a credit card, is this normal also, sorry if i sound fussy i just want to be sure my iphone is a good'n :D

9. Ksg89 macrumors member

10. touchman thread starter macrumors member

?????? :D

11. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

It's completely normal, and much better than having a light leak or dead pixels.