Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rembot, Aug 12, 2009.

1. rembot macrumors member

I got my new Iphone 3gs last week, and i found out this week that my headphone jack is a bit big... I had my headphone plugged in and every time i would or barely touch the cord or jack, i would lose the audio connection. I tough my headphones were the problem, so when i got back home i tried the iphone's headphone and the same thing happened. Very loose connection, very fragile, if i move i lose conectivity.

Is this normal? will apple provide me a new phone? If they do, can they repay me/replace the screen protector im gonna lose? :(

I have the candyshell case, and i tried with and without the case, same results. So it has nothing do with the case...

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

No, that's not normal and I'm sure you would get a new/refurb phone. Take it back. I don't know about the screen protector replacement.

3. rembot thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the quick reply. Im heading to the apple store after work today and we'll see if they can provide me with a new screen protector. I'll let you know later tonight or tomorrow morning.

As anyone else experience this before? was it hard to get a new phone? Will i get a new phone or an other refurbish one? How do i know?

4. BavarianWheels macrumors newbie

BavarianWheels

When you bought the screen protector(s) wasn't there 3 in the pack? I have 2 left in my pack I bought.

5. rembot thread starter macrumors member

no i got the screen protector with my candyshell case, and there was only one. And also, i didnt get a squeeze with it.

I went to apple store, but they were too busy and i need an appointment, so I'll get one today for monday after work.