is this okay for my ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kingdummkopf, Jul 9, 2012.

1. kingdummkopf macrumors member

so, i've had some problems with my ipad, and it needed a restore. anyway i think i've got it all set up, but could you let me know if i've done everything right and whether i've done everything right for my ipad?

i restored ios from itunes. i then set up my ipad and proceeded to download all of my purchased apps in one go. one app downloaded fine, then ibooks hung. none of the other apps appeared. i deleted the app that downloaded fine, along with the 'waiting...' ibooks. i checked my apps and it said 'installing' for each of them, but none appeared. i logged out of the app store, and then back in. they still said 'installing', but none of the app icons were on my homescreen.

i then plugged my ipad into my macbook to transfer the downloaded versions of the apps and as soon as i did that, all of the apps i had started downloading, their icons appeared on the screen to say that some had downloaded and some were downloading. i ejected my ipad and then canceled the apps and deleted the ones that had done so i could start afresh - individually. they then downloaded fine.

have i done anything wrong here? is my ipad a-ok?

MANY THANKS

2. kingdummkopf, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012

kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

sorry for the bump. have I done everything right to get my ipad like new again?

also, since i had done a restore the other day then messed up my apps etc. and wanted to start afresh, when i did the restore last night it didn't download ios 5 again. it just installed it from what am presuming is the downloaded version from the first time. it said on itunes verifying with apple, so does that check over the contents to make sure the os it is installing isnt tampered with and a perfect apple copy?

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I don't understand why you deleted and redownloaded the apps after they synced from your computer, and now you are telling us you restored your iPad yet again -- you are way over thinking this. And yes, once iTunes downloads the OS installation file, it keeps a copy on your computer, so it doesn't have to redownload it again on subsequent restores.

4. kingdummkopf thread starter macrumors member

they didn't sync from my computer. as soon as i plugged it in, the apps i had started downloading all appeared, they were just taking ages because i did them in bulk, so i stopped them all, and deleted any that had appeared to download them individually.

yeah i know, i seem to mess around when i have something new. so when it was verifying the os installation, it was checking it's contents with apple to make sure it's all good?

just wanna check i haven't done anything wrong restoring and setting up everything.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've never really thought about what exactly it checks when it says verifying with Apple, but I do know that if you have a corrupt file you'd get an error, so if your iPad has restored and is working, it's fine.

Basically, it's pretty hard to do something wrong while restoring an iPad, and if something does go wrong, then you get a non-working iPad. If your iPad is working, then you did it right.