Is this on all MBPs, or is there something wrong with my screen?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macgirl89, Dec 3, 2009.

1. macgirl89 macrumors member

I've noticed for some time now that, when I tilt my screen back (so that I can see the glare), I notice a gap between the black bezel and where the actual "picture" ends. I can't take a picture of it right now because I don't have a camera but it's this dark brownish bar between the bezel and the screen when it's on, as if the "picture" doesn't fully fit within the black bezel. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining this right... Does anyone else see this? Is this normal?

2. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

i know what you mean and it is around the whole display where the image is. and it is normal.

It should be around 1-3 mm tick this area around the display real estate and the black edge around the screen. and it should be on all 4 sides of the screen.

3. macgirl89 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! That's nice to know. I thought my screen didn't fit or something...

4. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

no problem. you should even be able to see that on your ipod touch but the black/brown frame around your display would be around 0,5 - 1 mm

just glad to help

5. macgirl89 thread starter macrumors member

Actually, I have another question! If you would be so kind to help...:p

It seems like this happens about once a month. I think it's happened a total of five times and I've had the MBP for four months. I press the power button and it takes about 8-10 seconds for the white screen with the gray Apple logo to appear. After this, it boots fine and fast. There aren't any other problems with it. What could this be?

6. MrBrekke macrumors 6502

MrBrekke

that i cant help with but i have not had that issue more than ones myself. and that was this morning.

not really an issue but strange.

anyone out there that have seen it before?

going to do a little search in the forum for some answers

7. ttran88 macrumors regular

Hello there

I might be able to help. After i upgraded my harddrive and did a full carbon copy my mac was doing that also. I would turn it on, white screen for like 10 seconds and then the apple would appear. What i did was go to system preferences>startup disk> and make sure youre hard drive is highlighted. If this works, the reason why it took a while for apple to appear was because it had to search for a hard drive at the beginning.

Hope this helps.

8. vant macrumors 65816

This happens a lot when you install new updates or programs.

CoolBook does this too sometimes.

9. neowillendit macrumors member

neowillendit

I've experienced this too, even when I haven't made absolutely any changes or installs recently. I'd agree that mine probably happens once a month also. I don't know what it's doing but I've assumed it to be the norm. :cool:

10. wattsja macrumors regular

I also found that I needed to do this after changing HDDs.