Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I won't tell where I work to keep my anonymity. But, I would like to hear some opinions if the following duties can be done by one manager:
1. managing office-related issues (rules, securities and etc)
2. Safety (occupational safety)
3. Fire Safety (this is part of disaster preparedness plan)
4. Purchasing (everything my facility buys)
5. Transportation (taking care of outbound shipments, including exports)
6. Customer service
7. Supply Chain (in the near future, clients' inventories will be managed by my company).
8. Getting an ISO-certification (including the environmental ISO)
9. Maintaining the facility in good working condition

So far, I would have 18 subordinates for my department. As of now, I am pretty much preoccupied with the office management (over 200 workers in the facility), safety, fire safety, security, and purchasing. This is a big program which has just started by one of the Fortune 500 companies and I have been entrusted with lots of responsibilities. I know it would be difficult to comment on my question as I cannot really tell the whole story except for the one I have just posted here, I want to hear your opinion by looking at the scope of the responsibilities. I am not a CEO, by the way.

Leareth

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2004
Vancouver
Yes this call all be a managers responsibility, if they have the people under them that actually make sure everything is done. They basically report to the manager that everything is done and if they have any questions comment or concerns.

If it just you and peons then yikes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.