Is this one of the problem with the Mighty M?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shdwkillr, Apr 14, 2009.

1. shdwkillr macrumors member

Besides the not-so-comfortable feeling of holding the Mighty Mouse, I came across this problem where when the mouse is moved slowly, the precision is lost, but this doesn't happen when I am in bootcamp XP. Is this a common problem with the Mighty Mouse?

2. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

A common problem with the mighty mouse is the fact that it exists.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I haven't experienced that problem with my wired or blue tooth might mouse. Now, if you were talking about the scroll wheel, then yes, that is one of the problems.

4. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

This isn't a problem with the Mighty Mouse itself (though I'll be the first to admit it is an awful mouse); this is to do with how OS X handles mouse movement. If you've recently come from Windows or if you change between the two (or even Linux) you will notice that OS X mouse movement seems to "stutter" at slow speeds and then accelerate very quickly after that, therefore giving the impression of lack of precision. You'll get used to it. You might even notice this if you're coming from using an Apple trackpad, as the feature/problem isn't nearly as noticable.

5. shdwkillr thread starter macrumors member

So are you saying that if I use another mouse other than Mighty Mouse I will still encounter this problem in OS X? On my MBP I don't have the lack of precision feeling using the Apple trackpad..

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It works fine. And the mouse stuttering issue is just paranoia. I just tried it and I know that OS X is more precise. Windows is very uneven in comparison. Trust me, it's Windows not OS X.

7. shdwkillr thread starter macrumors member

But I have absolutely no problem using Mighty Mouse in boot camp.. but can't able to use it in OS X.. it will sputter whenever I move the mouse just slightly but not a big move..

8. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Yes, that's correct. It's how OS X handles mouse input. As someone else said, it's actually *more* accurate than Windows, but it feels like it's not sometimes due to the unnecessarily fast acceleration.

9. shdwkillr thread starter macrumors member

So everyone who's using iMac is already got used to the mouse in OS X? I am surprised that you all are not annoyed with this problem..

10. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Well it isn't necessarily a problem. It's just a difference. I think you will get used to it, but you can't expect different operating systems to handle things in the same way.
    If you simply *cannot* get used to it, you can use a program called USB Overdrive (http://www.usboverdrive.com/) to change the settings to be as Windows-like as possible. The settings needed are on the FAQ section of the site. ;)