Is this overkill?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Airborne21, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Airborne21, Feb 3, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012

Airborne21 macrumors newbie

I have my immaculate iPhone 4S wrapped in a Vapor Spectra Pro and covered in a Power Support Crystal Film Set inside my Element zipped case which is set inside my Ortlieb waterproof map case just in case it rains when I'm out. Takes me ages to answer a call. Does anyone else have OCD when it comes to their iPhone?
    [​IMG]

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's your phone, right? Decide for yourself if it's too much or not.

3. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Personally, I don't think its protected enough. maybe you should leave it in a triple sealed indestructible vault when you're out. this way, there is 0 chance of you dropping it or losing it or even worry about the moisture in the air finding its way inside the circuits. you might not be able to use the phone ever, but at least its safe not being used right?

if you're like this when it comes to just a phone, how are you when it comes to your car? do you buy a car and leave it in the garage, afraid the tires might get dirty when you drive it or adding miles onto the meter? I don't think the help you need comes from this board.

4. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Just a bit...

Get a Lifeproof case if you're worried so much about dropping your phone/not getting it wet while it's raining.

5. kicko macrumors 65816

If you like it thats all that matters.

However... that could be considered a bit much for some. Myself as with all my things baby them and try to keep them as nice as i can but if something happens i'm not going to freak out, Otherwise you might as well have left it in the box sealed collecting dust.

6. Airborne21 thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol. I was going to mention my car. It is filthy and only wash it once a year. I think it stems back to my 3GS which I kept bareback and in the end there was so much dust and lint inside the phone it obscured the inside of the camera lens. Mind you Apple exchanged it for a new one which I promptly sold for a 4.

I'm actually still looking for a decent neoprene case large enough to take the Element case.

7. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

I think you're fine doing what you did. If you feel comfortable with it, that's all the matters IMHO.

At least you use a waterproof case for your iPhone when it rains while you're out & about. That doesn't look weird or anything. I kept my iPhone in a small "Zip-Lock" bag when I went out on rainy days. You can imagine the look of amusement on people's faces when they saw me take out my phone! :eek:

8. HeezyBear macrumors regular

In my opinion that's crazy, man. I have my iPhone 4S with nothing on it in my pocket. You could just have the insurance and if anything happens get a new phone for the $50 deductible and it'd be close to what you spent on those accessories.

9. white4s macrumors 65816

that is pretty wild. its like you're protecting a million dollars, its just a phone bro

10. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

I think you should give it to me. I will personally watch over it for you... I promise. :cool:

11. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

12. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I have nothing on my iPhone 4, I've dropped it a few times and it's been fine.

That said, it's your phone and your money; if having all that makes you comfortable then it's not for any of us to judge really.

13. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

+1

I rotate 3 cases when in the mood, but mostly phone is naked

Insurance is a beautiful thing ;)

OP, yes, overkill

14. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

LOL thats jokes! :D Do whatever makes you happy, although truth be told that makes me feel a lot better about my OCD hehhee ;)

15. zigzagg321 macrumors 6502

Overkill.

Also, that vapor pro case, for the cost... I don't get it... my casemate jett totally encloses the sides of the phone and does not use cheap cutouts to access the phone's buttons... the case mate came with buttons so the edges are totally covered. Kind of seems contradictory to have all that extra protection, yet you use a case that leaves a large area of the sides of the phone exposed.

16. Airborne21 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know exactly what you're saying my friend. I just love the craftsmanship, look and feel of my vapor pro. In fact if I dropped it I'd be just as concerned for my case as I would my phone. Now that is crazy.

17. Walter Bell macrumors regular

I got applecare+ to take are of my worries. This phone is just to damn beautiful to cover up. I would say the same about women, but some should stay covered.

18. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

19. johnydecali macrumors member

johnydecali

Not enough protection! You NEED the Liquid Armor from Dynaflo instead of that Power Support Crystal Film :D

20. Anonymous Mac macrumors newbie

Canada, Northern America, Earth, Universe
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Maybe a little. I'm paranoid myself... $700 for a phone isn't exactly pocket change for me!

21. auhagen macrumors regular

Personaly I hate bumpers and so on. It's smart for people who drops their phones all the time (my girlfriend) but come on it's a beautyfull phone.

If you buy a lamborghini gallardo would you wrap that in bobble wrap just to avoid scratches and other stuff in case of someone crashes into you?

I got an insurance, and thats to take care of if anything happens to me, my phone, my mac, my lambo (toyota avensis :D), and all the other stuff i own.

But I love to see how stupid people are "I've got the macbook because I'd like to have a slim laptop", and they ruin that by clamping on a large piece of ugly plastic.

I have been working in a metal workshop the last 6 months, and i have no protection on my iPhone at all. I've used it with oily fingers, metal all over me, while im welding, grinding and so on, and i havent got a scratch in it.

Out of that I can only say, take care of your stuff, and all the other stuff is not something you need.

22. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

No it's not enough. God forbid there was a fire? Get a fireproof case to wrap around the waterproof one.

23. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

24. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

It's too much for me but to each their own. I can see everything but the purse...:D