Is this photoshopped?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by patent10021, Sep 20, 2012.

1. patent10021, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

Poster didn't upload a hi-rez version and sometimes people do that to make it more difficult to spot a fake. Supposed to be an abnormal sun flower.

[​IMG]

If it's fake, how can you tell?

2. jimN macrumors 6502a

jimN

Likely faked outside of photoshop - i.e. someone has taken a normal sunflower and put a series of small sunflowers around it.

Either way it's not real.

3. Zedsdead185 macrumors 6502

well, even if its not faked, its been edited a lot in photoshop or an equivalent program. The levels and colour balances don't look natural if taken normally with a digital camera. My opinion is that it has been faked.

4. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Yup... That's the lo-tech way of doing it. Quicker too... ;)

5. TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

I would say its not been photoshopped, if it has its been done very well. That is not to say its not been faked...but I dont think any trickery was done in post....its not impossible but it would have taken someone very skilled and taken some time to do.

If I was 'shopping this, just to make life easier I would reuse, some of the mini sunflowers round the edge, maybe flipping them/rotating/warping them to hide the fact i had done this.

Each mini flower looks different so to shop it, he must have loads of sunflower photo's rather than a few.

If he had taken stock photo's for the mini sunflowers, there petals would be normal...IE not pushed forward like the one in the pic, again to fake he/she must have manually pushed forward the petals on a load of different sunflowers in order to shop them in...alternatively he could have warped/puppet warped/drawn the petal pushing forward...but this would have been loads of work..

In summary no real way to tell if photoshoped, if its done well, but given the amount of work i would think not.. still never say never

6. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

If you see a gigantic, or many mini bees, then it may be photoshopped

7. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

This looks photoshopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

8. The Mad Kiwi macrumors 6502

9. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

Wouldn't it be much easier to create this bouquet in real life by tying a bunch of small sunflowers to the larger one?! After all, if you were going to spend the time to photoshop this, wouldn't you take a few extra seconds to delete the distracting background?!