Resolved Is this possible? (Accessibility needs?)

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by ardchoille50, Jun 3, 2016.

1. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Running El Capitan here. I like to turn on Reduce Transparency because I feel that the translucency in various places is distracting. However, in turning on Reduce Transparency, I am left with a dock and menu bar that is entirely too bright. I know I can turn on the "Use dark menubar and dock" setting, but that leaves the dock and menu bar entirely too dark. Is there a happy medium, perhaps a slider to scale back on the brightness of these two items while Reduce Transparency is enabled? Are there any workarounds?

2. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

cDock is a solution for the Dock. For the menu bar you're stuck with either the dark or light theme.

3. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

I'll have to live with it, I'm not willing to disable SIP, even temporarily.

4. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

5. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

Thank you for the info. However, I'm not willing to install anything outside the App Store.

6. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Not willing to disable SIP for even a moment, not willing to install anything outside of the App Store. What are you hiding on your Mac that requires so much security? :eek:

If you want to use only what's built into the OS, you can auto-hide the Dock or menu bar if you find it too distracting.

7. ardchoille50 thread starter macrumors 68020

I've always been very security conscious. It has served me well on other operating systems, but perhaps it's time I loosened up now that I'm on OS X.

That's not a bad idea, to be honest, I think I'll do that for a week and see how it works for me. Thank you for the advice.