Is this possible. Can this effect radiation?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by flimzy, Apr 24, 2014.

1. flimzy macrumors regular

So is this scenario possible. I was searching a soccer article "the top stars who will retire as legends." Anyways i encountered a really random random website titled "aff66.teensdigest.com/articles/550?page=2" I clicked on it and it went to this article. However this site seemed really shady and weird. I even went on teensdigest.com to check and it directed me to like "http://mycdn.media.net/fcmdynet.html?staticIframe=1&esi=1&ry=0&fvips=0&vpf=000&cid=8CU3075EN&crid=411730475&size=728x90&cc=CA&vif=1&requrl=http%3A%2F%2Faff66.teensdigest.com%2Farticles%2F550%3Fpage%3D2&kwrf=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ca&nse=0&mns=1#&sttm=1398377499242&upk=1398377499.9829&hvsid=00001398377499242029252809344715&dytm=1398377499272&ornt=v#done"

Anyways i visited these sites like several times to see what they were. Now im worried that these sites could have been malicious and possibly made my ipad or are now causing it to emit more radiation. Could a virus on a site do this? Could a site take control of my ipad if i visit there site through the ip. and if they did take control of it could they increase the radiation that is emitted? I was listening to music to at the same time and i even worried that radiation could travel through the headphones into my head. I know this sounds crazy but im really paranoid. lol.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

no
    No
    Not possible.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

No, you are just being paranoid. Plus even if it was possible unless you are jailbroken you can't get malware on iOS.

4. flimzy thread starter macrumors regular

not even that website with the "cdn." what would that website be it was blank i think. im just worried it could have infected it and increased radiation which will cause harm on me.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Nope, it would not and could not have done anything to harm your iPad. I highly doubt you could make an iPad give off a harmful amount of radiation even if you tried really hard and had complete access to do whatever you wanted to it.

6. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

"Basically", there's not a shred of reality in anything you suspect.
    Even if it were possible for malware to somehow establish itself in a native iOS device, there would be no possible way for "radiation" to somehow insert itself where none exists now.
    The web addresses are just simple redirects - which don't always work (and that's a Good Thing™ :D )

7. flimzy thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you. So that mcdn site with all the random numbers is nothin? I stopped using my iPad that afternoon yesterday but today its for some reason down 20 percent. Went from 80-60. Found that pretty weird.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

In standby it still uses battery, a 20% drop isn't all that uncommon for a day of no use.

9. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

I don't understand how you thought any website could increase the radiation output of your device? You might as well ask whether or not a website could turn your device into a nuclear bomb. It's not ever remotely logical.

The virus thing is always a legitimate concern except for on iPads it's highly unlikely. The system is far too secure to allow it to be infected with anything.