Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
What I have is one single admin account in which multiple domains dump into

for example

admin@domain1.com, admin@domain2.com, and admin@domain3.com all dump into one mailbox so that when I do a POP mail pull from admin@domain1.com i get all the emails from all three accounts.

Now I know I can separate the emails using "smart mailboxes" in mail.app for easy organization.

However, when I want to send replies to the emails they are all address as being from admin@domain1.com.

How can I add aliases so that I can choose to have the email come from admin@domain1.com or admin@domain2.com etc ?

Thanks!!

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
What I have is one single admin account in which multiple domains dump into

for example

admin@domain1.com, admin@domain2.com, and admin@domain3.com all dump into one mailbox so that when I do a POP mail pull from admin@domain1.com i get all the emails from all three accounts.

Now I know I can separate the emails using "smart mailboxes" in mail.app for easy organization.

However, when I want to send replies to the emails they are all address as being from admin@domain1.com.

How can I add aliases so that I can choose to have the email come from admin@domain1.com or admin@domain2.com etc ?

Thanks!!

Yes, and it's not Leopard Mail specific. Basically go into your POP settings where your email address it stored (not on my Mac right now so don't know the exact screen).

Basically, append onto your current email address, all the email addresses you want Mail to be able to send as, separated by commas.

So it will look something like this:
admin@domain1.com, admin@domain2.com, admin@domain3.com

Mail should automatically make the switch for you when you reply to a message. If it doesn't, you should see a drop down to change it.

Let me know if that doesn't work and I'll get the exact screens.

-Kevin

darkus

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2007
Works perfectly!!! Thanks so much, I love you :)

I cant believe its such a simple solution. I just switched to mac after years and years on XP and its proving to be the superior OS in every way :)

Thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.