Is This Possible??? Opinions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by npdale, Feb 14, 2008.

1. npdale macrumors member

Ok so I have had communications from a guy at IphoneUnlocking.org.uk who reckons/claims that when they unlock an iPhone (any version otb) they retain ALL features INCLUDING visual voicemail no matter what network you are on/using on your unlocked phone?

Is this possible? I have been using an unlocked iPhone since the US release and have been told categorically that visual voicemail will never work unless you have an "official" tariff...

Any Thoughts?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Visual voicemail is on the networks side, an iPhone won't work with it unless it is on the correct network and plan.

3. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Not sure about the UK, but here you would need to be on the official carrier (AT&T).
    Good luck!

4. poke4christ macrumors member

If he's saying that, then I would not go with them. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about and therefore isn't the best person to work with. Or, he may just be blowing smoke up your arse to get a sale, in which case I wouldn't want to work with him either.

AT&T actually had to change a lot of systems to make visual voicemail a reality. It is hardware that is specific to AT&T(or other networks that sell the iPhone) and won't be found elsewhere.

5. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Yep, won't work. Don't waste your time or money with that guy!!