Is this possible? Publish iCal calendar on my computer so others can view

Discussion in 'macOS' started by xUKHCx, Apr 7, 2007.

1. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I am planning a long trip to Thailand and Malaysia with a smallish group of friends. We are at different Universities and the communication via email is getting a bit confused, i thought it would be simpler to create an iCal calendar with all the dates and such inside it. I would then want to publish it but have a few questions.

1.) Can i publish it in such a way other people can edit it?
    2.) Can i publish it onto my HD and somehow enable them to view it? (I do not have .mac)
    3.) If i did have .mac (or the 60 day trial) would i be able to do the above?

regards,

Rich

2. Yoursh macrumors 6502

I don't know if this will work for you but I use Google calendar so people can see my iCal calendar. After you setup a Google calendar you can import your iCal into it. Then you can let the calendar be accessable to select people or anyone who want to look at it via the web. You can aslo view other people's Google calendars by subscribing to them. I don't believe you can edit each others but can view them from any internet connection. I use it myself by posting my unusual work schedule so others can know when I work without having to track me down to ask.

Don't know if this will work for your situation, but I thought I'd recomend it.