Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
My sister and I are planning to buy two macbooks and take advantage of the free nano offer.

My sister is a teacher, and I'm in college. She is married and lives in her own house. I right now am living at home.

Is it possible for both of us to take advantage of education discount and nano offer? Her driver's license still has our home address and my license has my home address. Will this be considered against one deal/per household rule?

Also, if my other sister will use her credit card to purchase both of our macbooks, will that be a problem?

Sorry, this might be confusing...

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
You should be O.K.

I would place the order by phone directly to Apple or drop by your closest
Apple Store.

They will probably require photo student/faculty I.D.

There may be a same household rule, but you might get around that by the shipping address and by placing two individual orders.

Both of you qualify individually, so it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not
sure if the iPod deal works for faculty.

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
you could get the one bought under your sisters name shipped to her work, and your one to your home.
If you buy them from the online store, i don't think they need photo ID. Don't quote me on this though :p

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
Doesnt the apple order page, have a billing and shipping address? Therefore the billing addy would be the same if she is using her CC. I also believe they verify the billing addy with what the CC company has on file.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Scarlet Fever said:
you could get the one bought under your mums name shipped to her work, and your one to your home.
If you buy them from the online store, i don't think they need photo ID. Don't quote me on this though :p

huh? I don't remember mentioning my mom...
I think you mean sisteR?

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
I really don't think there'll be any problem. As long as you each have valid student/teacher IDs it should be fine. The fact that they have the same address shouldn't matter at all.

Edit: Oops, I somehow missed the part about one per household. :eek:

Just put your sister's home address and it should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.