Is this price for real??'

charlieroberts

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
But look at the product description:

Product Description
CORSAIR Mac Memory, 1333MHz C9 DDR3 SODIMM for Apple iMac, MacBook and MacBook Pro 8GB (1 x 8GB). Tested at Apples compatibility lab to ensure functionality with all current products that have official Apple support for 8GB SO-DIMMs. Adding system memory is one of the most effective ways to improve overall performance and Corsair's Mac Memory offers a solid tested solution with a limited lifetime warranty

Adamantoise

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
But look at the product description:

Product Description
CORSAIR Mac Memory, 1333MHz C9 DDR3 SODIMM for Apple iMac, MacBook and MacBook Pro 8GB (1 x 8GB). Tested at Apples compatibility lab to ensure functionality with all current products that have official Apple support for 8GB SO-DIMMs. Adding system memory is one of the most effective ways to improve overall performance and Corsair's Mac Memory offers a solid tested solution with a limited lifetime warranty
Well you've got nothing to lose. Order it and find out, you can always return it should it not fit the description.

dlimes13

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2011
Perrysburg, OH
True, but when the model number and price check out to be (2) 4GB sticks, I'd bet my MBP on that is it an informational error and it's (2) 4GB sticks.

Better yet, Chat Amazon and find out. Or, order it then complain and you might win an 8GB stick :p

Last edited:

thundersteele

macrumors 68030
Oct 19, 2011
Switzerland
The title says "dual channel" which implies that it is 2x4GB. The serial number says the same, so it seems that the product description is wrong.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
And unfortunately, I bought both of my sticks around the $200 range...

If they were $35 right now, I'd buy 500 to re-sell.
lol ya that amazon listing would of sold out in 2.1 seconds regardless of the quantity available

----------

Yes, but the product description in the link claims that it's a 1x8GB module, which sold for about $200 just a month ago, and only recently became available for less than $100 in some sales.
correct but the other descriptions call in dual channel

shardey

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
Colorado
Also if you read a comment on there, that person mentions that it is a 4x2 kit and how its misrepresented.

cosmicjoke

macrumors 6502
Oct 3, 2011
Portland, OR
I have that very same RAM in my MBP 15 early 2011. Paid 40 ish after shipping. Good ram
Corsair tends to makes great products, have used their PSU and RAM exclusively in the desktop pcs i've built for years... don't entirely recommend their SSDs though as the firmware is only upgradable in Windows

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.