Is this problem exclusive to the iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by G-Ziss, Sep 13, 2014.

1. G-Ziss macrumors regular

Someone posted this video in another thread:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d7pEgZ-SIVI

It basically shows that there are tab refresh issues when switching between tabs on the iPad Air web browser.

Now I tested this on my iPad 2 by doing the same steps shown in the video and I did not experience this problem even after several attempts.

I was recently thinking of trading in my iPad 2 for an iPad Air, but I may not do that if this problem is exclusive to the iPad Air.

Can anyone confirm?

2. Menel Suspended

Menel

3. G-Ziss thread starter macrumors regular

Eek, thanks for the tip. Now I may have to re-think trading my iPad 2 in.

4. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

lol that's a funny video especially at the end. I have the same issue on my iPad 4. It's not always consistent on when the tabs need to reload. Sometimes it's like how it is in this video, sometimes I can get away with a minute or two of "research".

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Their are quite a few threads with good discussions in about this.

I no longer use safari on my iPad Air.

I use the Atomic Browser. = No tabs reload at all with this one.

6. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Apple loves to skimp on the RAM in its mobile devices and this is the result. Yet you'll see some turn red in the face trying to convince everyone who will pay attention that RAM doesn't matter with Apple devices because iOS is "optimized".

I'd hold onto your iPad 2 until the newest iPad Air hits the market in a month or two. Then, wait for the tear down analysis that determines how much RAM it has. Apple never discloses this on their own.

7. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

The problem is that this doesn't affect everyone equally and some of us don't see the problem at all. It's not just a slam dunk RAM issue. It only seems to happen with safari and certain browsing habits. Never happens with games, productivity tools, etc, etc. why? Wouldn't a true system RAM shortage manifest itself in every usage scenario? Apparently not. Just safari and just with certain sites and multiple tabs being opened. As a Software QA professional, I'd start looking at safari. Just my opinion. ;)

8. GalFriday macrumors member

You really had to start a new thread? Had you done a simple search for "tab refresh" you'd have found a ton of threads about it. You'd also have found several threads reporting iOS8 resolves the problem for many.

9. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

i would reconsider that re thinking. After all, a new iOS just came out and the issue might not be an issue anymore. Revisit your research before you make a final decision.

that said, frankly I wouldn't pull any triggers right now. we could be as little as 2 weeks away from an announcement of an even better model iPad. why not wait, since you have this long, to see what comes up.