Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
A Data is a Taiwanese company. I personally would buy it over any Chinese company because usually Taiwan has much better quality control. The person has great feedback as well so I dont find it very risky.

I am a bit worried on compatibility. Technically it should work because the macs are on the x86 architecture now with the Intel chips. However I would rather be on the safe side because it is still a mac. Which is why I still went ahead and bought it from DataMem because they insured compatibility.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
You understand, though, that you are buying from flashman852 in Hong Kong, not A-Data?

And although there is no HK GST or tax, your country may impose taxes and/or duties on import?

And that you are responsible for all freight and insurance for any warranty returns?

There is another thread here about this RAM -- IIRC two people have reported problems with the RAM, but there aren't enough responses to show a definite trend.

lundister

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2006
well, i ordered from flashman852... the ram never arrived... i am still trying to get my money back...

in the meantime, here in germany there is a company called MDT that manufactures in-land, and more important sells for quite the same money!

h**p://www.mix--computer.de/mix/shop/productDetails.html?artNo=IANEUF&

i have 2x 1GB in my mackbook right now. no problems whatsoever...

c1gar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2006
ordered RAM

ive taken the risk and ordered the RAM, will post in Forums what ever happens

c1gar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2006
seems ok

got ram, no import duty/tax, macbook picks it up :), says its running at 667, and is ok

goner order 2nd 1gb soon

good times

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
No RAM can be cheaper than the RAM Apple puts into the MB:rolleyes: Some weird brand I've never heard of before. Hynix or something like that. What happened to the days when Apple used Samsung RAM in the PB's etc?:rolleyes:

michaeldmartin

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2006
Testicles. That is all.
wako said:
A Data is a Taiwanese company. I personally would buy it over any Chinese company because usually Taiwan has much better quality control. The person has great feedback as well so I dont find it very risky.

I am a bit worried on compatibility. Technically it should work because the macs are on the x86 architecture now with the Intel chips. However I would rather be on the safe side because it is still a mac. Which is why I still went ahead and bought it from DataMem because they insured compatibility.
See, this is why pc users laugh at mac users. They say things like, "It doesn't have a made for mac sticker; so it won't work!" Ram is ram. Like a usb HD, if you get the right ram; it will work. I wouldn't get it from ebay becasue it's not insured; though. If you get a Gig stick from newegg, it's insured for life usually, so it DOES have guranteed compatability (or your money back); PLUS, it's half the price.

Also, that's two seperate 512 sticks, and i think it comes with one, so one wouldn't go to use, leaving u with 1 gig instead of 1.5.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
dextertangocci said:
No RAM can be cheaper than the RAM Apple puts into the MB:rolleyes: Some weird brand I've never heard of before. Hynix or something like that. What happened to the days when Apple used Samsung RAM in the PB's etc?:rolleyes:

Hynix: Originally part of Hyundai.

c1gar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2006
its one stick

michaeldmartin said:
See, this is why pc users laugh at mac users. They say things like, "It doesn't have a made for mac sticker; so it won't work!" Ram is ram. Like a usb HD, if you get the right ram; it will work. I wouldn't get it from ebay becasue it's not insured; though. If you get a Gig stick from newegg, it's insured for life usually, so it DOES have guranteed compatability (or your money back); PLUS, it's half the price.

Also, that's two seperate 512 sticks, and i think it comes with one, so one wouldn't go to use, leaving u with 1 gig instead of 1.5.

its one stick of ram :)

atm macbook has 1.250gb

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.