Is this Real?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Zepaw, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

lolol my insomniac rage got me an infraction. Can't say I didn't earn it. :cool:

2. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

I doubt they lost a sale.

If they have them, they will sell.

3. Zepaw thread starter macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Not really. They still had Wifi ones like 2 weeks after the release. Guess the student demographic, at least here, is not buying on to these that strongly.

Oh and I understand my anger is a little much for the small issue, but I worked overnight so I'm a little more on edge than I would like.

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Doubt your Campus store even makes any money on those items - especially initial product launches. Don't think they care...

5. Deanster macrumors regular

At the university bookstore here, I was surprised they had ipads the first time around. The girl behind the counter said that Apple let them have 'em to sell, but they couldn't announce it in ANY way. No ads, no telling people, no anything. Just put 'em on sale.

It's Apple's BS, not theirs.

6. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Logic says that if they say they cannot disclose it, then they will have them. If they weren't going to have them, they wouldn't have a reason not to tell you.;)

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

This is your university store: "Boo-hoo-hoo!" :rolleyes:

9. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

Do you really think they would say all that if they weren't getting any iPads? Just show up at 5 and I'm sure you'll get one.

10. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

I'm sure there's a Monty Python skit in there somewhere, but I'm not funny enough to write it.

11. Neous macrumors member

Neous

if they had the wifi on launch then what are the odds that they won't have the 3g.
    plus as pointed out by some1 if they didn't have it they wouldn't give the spill of "we can't say anything about the product we will unveil at 5pm"
    just go and rest from your long night and go back to the bookstore and tell the student worker that you didn't buy his/her poker face. thus saving face for any "mean mugging" you might have felt.

12. SpeedNut macrumors member

From what I've seen there's no Edu discount on these anyway, so might as well go somewhere where you can confirm they will be on sale.