Is this reasonable?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by dantty, Jan 7, 2014.

1. dantty macrumors newbie

Hi, I lost my old phone and sim card and my friend is selling a Note N7000 with a mpj extended battery. He is asking for 200$ but I don’t know if this is reasonable? He claimed both of phone and battery are almost new. It is without a SIM card so where can I buy it?? Sorry, I am really a novice on phone, thanks in advance.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Mostly SIMS from the big four providers in the states run from $10 to $30 depending on when you buy and if they're running a promo or not. You'll be able to link the new sim to your account as you "brought your own device" to the party.

4. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

Check out the Moto G on Amazon. When Motorola announced it, they claimed that because it runs near stock Android, many tasks will actually be faster compared to a GS4 running TouchWiz. I can't verify that myself, but if I was in your position, I would definitely go with the Moto G over a first gen Galaxy Note.

5. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

$10-$30 for a sim? :eek:

Geez each time I've gone to AT&T for a new sim the price is $0.01 and only once have I had to pay it.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I second this. The N700 is the original Note with a lower resolution screen and running an older version of android. While the price is fair for that phone, for your price range the Moto G would be a better option IMO. If you can afford another $100, you could find some decent phones in Craig's list for $300.

7. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

Yea they're definitely free lol

Well at least I'm pretty sure they are; I've never had to pay for a SIM card.

8. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

The screen on the original note is the same as on the moto G (720p). Anyhow I'd agree that the moto G would be the better buy. I was using the note in the first part of 2013 and even then it was struggling. Now it would only be worse.

9. SlCKB0Y, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014

SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

I'd stretch my budget to $350 and get the Nexus 5 but if you must stick to about $200, the Moto G is by far the best option.

A great review of the Moto G for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFD0Nm2dOHw
    (Marques just happens to be my favourite smart phone reviewer as well:) )