Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dantty

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 7, 2014
Hi, I lost my old phone and sim card and my friend is selling a Note N7000 with a mpj extended battery. He is asking for 200$ but I don’t know if this is reasonable? He claimed both of phone and battery are almost new. It is without a SIM card so where can I buy it?? Sorry, I am really a novice on phone, thanks in advance.

mpayne2k

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2010
The price seems reasonable. I did a quick search on Google and came up with this: http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=note+n7000&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Most prices were over $300. As for the missing sim, I think you can just go to your service provider and get a new one. Not sure if they charge for it.

Mostly SIMS from the big four providers in the states run from $10 to $30 depending on when you buy and if they're running a promo or not. You'll be able to link the new sim to your account as you "brought your own device" to the party.

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Check out the Moto G on Amazon. When Motorola announced it, they claimed that because it runs near stock Android, many tasks will actually be faster compared to a GS4 running TouchWiz. I can't verify that myself, but if I was in your position, I would definitely go with the Moto G over a first gen Galaxy Note.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Mostly SIMS from the big four providers in the states run from $10 to $30 depending on when you buy and if they're running a promo or not. You'll be able to link the new sim to your account as you "brought your own device" to the party.

$10-$30 for a sim? :eek:

Geez each time I've gone to AT&T for a new sim the price is $0.01 and only once have I had to pay it.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
Check out the Moto G on Amazon. When Motorola announced it, they claimed that because it runs near stock Android, many tasks will actually be faster compared to a GS4 running TouchWiz. I can't verify that myself, but if I was in your position, I would definitely go with the Moto G over a first gen Galaxy Note.

I second this. The N700 is the original Note with a lower resolution screen and running an older version of android. While the price is fair for that phone, for your price range the Moto G would be a better option IMO. If you can afford another $100, you could find some decent phones in Craig's list for $300.

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
$10-$30 for a sim? :eek:

Geez each time I've gone to AT&T for a new sim the price is $0.01 and only once have I had to pay it.

Yea they're definitely free lol

Well at least I'm pretty sure they are; I've never had to pay for a SIM card.

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I second this. The N700 is the original Note with a lower resolution screen and running an older version of android. While the price is fair for that phone, for your price range the Moto G would be a better option IMO. If you can afford another $100, you could find some decent phones in Craig's list for $300.

The screen on the original note is the same as on the moto G (720p). Anyhow I'd agree that the moto G would be the better buy. I was using the note in the first part of 2013 and even then it was struggling. Now it would only be worse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.