Is this right?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MFalcetano, Jun 19, 2009.

1. MFalcetano macrumors newbie

My 3G S is locked on on the "Connect to iTunes screen" and when I plug it in and give my account information (zip code, et cetera) it goes to a "Please wait while we process your request" screen. It hasn't gone off of it for about an hour. This seems to be different from the activation problems people seem to be having, because I see that people are mentioning that they can still use the other parts of the phone and that they can sync. Any help, please?

2. compg318 macrumors regular

Didn't have this problem, none actually, but I would suggest unplugigng it and plugging it back in. If that doesn't help unplug it, turn it off and on and plug it back in.

3. MFalcetano thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried both, and so far, no luck.

4. compg318 macrumors regular

Quit iTunes and try again? I remember having similar problems on 3G release day, had to wait until several hours before it worked.

5. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

Sounds like you got an iphone one of the handlers dropped.

6. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

My bosses hubby's isnt activated yet. Its been 2 yrs so far

7. MFalcetano thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help. It was the oddest thing. I tried on two laptops with no luck, I tried it on a netbook running XP, and it worked right away.

8. newportpaco macrumors member

Mine worked fast but when it came to restore my info which was only like 5 gigs it is telling me it is going to be 3 hours. Is that normal?