Is this safe/possible to do?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JReynolds, Jul 14, 2009.

1. JReynolds macrumors 6502

I'm selling my MacBook because I just bought a new MBP. I have it listed on Craigslist and my selling point is 4GB Ram. I also have Windows XP on there ran with VMWare Fusion. Is it possible to sell it and leave windows on there? I was just going to get rid of it but if I can safely leave it on there I could attract more buyers...

Thanks.

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

As long as you don't have anything on there thats personal.

3. pdjudd macrumors 601

AS long as you transfer your original system discs for XP along with the product key and documentation, than yes - that would be legal. You might want to clear out personal data though obviously.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You should include your XP disc/license and your Fusion license with it then as well

Edit: see above :)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

5. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

I would be willing to give them the Fusion license because I'm gonna try out Parallel, but a guy at my fire dept gave me the xp disc and license. I don't know anything about windows registration process honestly. Any suggestions MacDawg?

6. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

Due to the fact I don't have the XP disc how do I clear out my data so they have a clean Windows XP?

7. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

Don't rush to get rid of Fusion. I used Parallels and switched to Fusion to try it. I love it so much better than Parallels. I even deleted Parallels from the computer. As far as windows goes, I would be deleting it as it is a pirated copy and you don't want it to come back and bit you in the a&$ :D

8. pdjudd macrumors 601

Since you do not have the original license, you should not be selling XP - that's piracy and a violation of Microsoft's EULA

9. JReynolds thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input... I'll make sure I hang on to Fusion while I'm testing P4