Is this something new? iPhone on at&t/wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iapplelove, Dec 29, 2015.

1. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Noticing lately my phone will show wifi in text next to the normal wifi signal bars

[​IMG]

Then it goes away after a few seconds or if I put the phone to sleep. I updated the carrier settings a few days ago but just been seeing it now..

2. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

If you have four bars of LTE on your iPhone, then I'm surprised you ever get AT&T WiFi Calling.

AT&T WiFi Calling allows you to make an HD Voice call when you have a low LTE signal.

I have two balls at home, and I will usually stay on Wifi Calling. The calls are great. :)

3. iapplelove thread starter macrumors 68040

iapplelove

Thanks, I thought it may have something to do with wifi calling however it just pops up either when the phone is charging or even just sitting there.

4. George Knighton macrumors 6502a

George Knighton

It's only going to trip to AT&T WiFi Calling when it detects for some reason that this is the best way to get an HD Voice call.

You might be on an older array, or one that is overcrowded despite the four balls of signal strength.

Or you might be in an odd place where you switch between bands on an array, and only one of those bands is good high density LTE that will support HD Voice.

:)