is this something to worry about?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ajumbaje, Jun 21, 2008.

1. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

Alright, there's a girl that goes to my church and we talk here and there and pretty much run into each other every sunday. I know she works a lot during the week(mainly afternoon-evening-early morning). Ive called her up a couple of times to mention some things like if she wanted to meet up with some friends at capital ale house or if she was gonna be at something later in the week.

She hasnt called back concerning any of these things, but knows I called her since I had asked her if she got my message(not to make her feel bad, I also had some ideas concerning stuff later in the summer that I wanted her to know) and she said that she had worked till like 3 am every day that week. I don't think its much to worry about since I see her pretty much once a week and we are going on a missions trip together(along with 30 some other people). Ive been fishing with her, we both had a great time, and theres a chance I might hang out with her for 4th of july.

Do any of you think theres anything to worry about if she doesnt call back about certain things? My opinion is no since I see her often and she is busy.

2. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

whaaaaat??

surely you should just ask her, whats the worst that can happen

3. Queso macrumors G4

Sounds to me like she's not interested, but there's no harm in asking directly. Just do it and get it out of the way. After all, there's a chance you'll be pleasantly surprised.

4. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

same opinion here, just ask and get it over with...that way you ll know where you stand..summer is here an dthere is no point on being stuck on one person if she odnest feel the same way...

5. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

^^ word. Ask her point-blank. You've only got an ego shot to lose if she says no.

6. ajumbaje thread starter macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

yea, I was probably gonna talk to her sometime tomorrow at church. It's not like she totally avoids me or anything and it just might be that she was actually busy. I have talked to her on the phone before, so it just might be something like "I cant make this, so Ill just see him sunday." If I ask if she has anything going on this week, like I did with fishing, she was listing the times she worked, so she might be able to do something as in with some people, not just me and her since I dont want to push anything.

7. dotcomlarry macrumors regular

Some people just don't return phone calls. I know that if I'm going to see someone soon, and it's not an urgent call, I'll just wait til then. But like others have said, just ask if she's interested in you. Worst she can say is no.

8. The Doctor macrumors member

The Doctor

i am horrible at returning phone calls, and people usually end up thinking i am pissed or blowing them off... when in reality i just suck at returning calls... you should just ask her... you've got nothing to lose.

9. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Definitely just ask. Let her know you'd enjoy hanging out with her more often and see if she wants to as well. Much better than wondering all the time what her motives might be for not calling back... especially if she is just not good at returning phone calls.

10. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

11. ajumbaje thread starter macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

nothing "happened" if you mean that in a bad way(im just worried one slip and $hiz hits the fan, and thats happened to me, if its staying friends im fine with that ive only known her since may). I have more chances to talk to her face to face, so Im waiting until then, boost up some confidence. I was gonna ask her about something she had mentioned I should come to for July 4th (mainly to see if its still straight I go, where to meet, etc)

12. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

If you have only known her since may, give her space, and see if a deep friendship can grow.