Is this somewhat normal or is my SuperDrive messed up?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Scorch07, May 7, 2009.

1. Scorch07 macrumors 6502

Ok so the first problem I started having was with certain audio CDs. They just won't read. It will sit there and seek around for a few minutes then spit it back out. Even if I do manage to make it work and try to import it into iTunes, it will take a lot longer and usually the tracks are all messed up (skippy and stuff like that).

Now I have an even worse problem. I'm trying to burn a DVD and it simply will not burn right. For one thing it does the same thing when I put it around and has to seek around for a while to recognize it, but it hasn't spit one back out yet. Then when I burn it, it makes seeking noises again, and the final result is a disc that will play up to a certain point and freeze.

Is this a known, preferably fixable problem or is my superdrive just messed up?

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

buy a dvd cleaner at wal-mart for $10 dollars and run it, that usually takes care of the problem. if not call Apple!

3. Scorch07 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. At any rate, I've just figured out that this is MCC media, which is supposedly some of the best, so I guess I can scratch bad media off as a suspect.