Is this still Macrumors

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Denarius, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denarius macrumors 6502a

Denarius

I just wanted to check because I can only see one story on the Macrumors news feed that isn't to do with iToys.

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

When macrumors started, apple's main business was computers.

Now Apple's main business is 'iToys'.

It's best you get used to reading news about all Apple products, as that's what this site really is -- despite the name.

3. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

It's all about mobile devices these days. As the novelty of iPad 2 wears off I'm sure there will be some more talk about traditional 'mac's' for you.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Would you mind listing the Mac and MacOS/MacOS X areas of this forum that have been removed since you joined?

5. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Is this still OS X forum?
    I just wanted to check because I can see one story in the forum whinging about iOS devices.

6. Denarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Denarius

'Whinging' and making an observation are not the same thing. The forum's not doing what it says on the tin.

7. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

The logo says "mac community discussion forums" I would say that iOS devices are very important to the the mac community. That is reflected by the posts.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Macrumors puts out news for whatever has news. If it's more iToys right now, then perhaps there's not much "Mac" news to report.

9. Denarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Denarius

Exactly, 'Mac' not 'Apple'. There is still indeed some forum areas related to Macs, but my main thrust was that there is very little news relating to Macs these days, contrary to the name.

10. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

Go and tell Apple to start doing more newsworthy Mac stuff then. Macrumors can only report on what Apple puts out there.

11. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

If the news was there, I have full confidence that MR would be on it.

It's not.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll post my standard reply in these threads, and there have been many…

Is there Mac related news that MR is failing to report?

13. ShiftClick macrumors regular

ShiftClick

Feel better?

14. Denarius thread starter macrumors 6502a

Denarius

That I don't know, hence I'm interested in looking for news on what's going on as far as Macs are concerned.

Slightly surprised that I'm the only one feeling disenfranchised here, but hey ho.

15. 3282868, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011

3282868 macrumors 603

No you're not alone. I miss the days when OS X beta's were front cover news. Now it's iPhone this and iPad that, iOS this. Reporting news on web app performance on 4.3?

Sure, Apple is focusing on iDevices, they're dropping the prosumers that carried them during their near bankruptcy years. Yet there is plenty of OS X news, and the beta's are around the corner. MacRumors covered such trivial things as "Answering Machine" that was in a Leopard beta as front page news before the iPhone, now it's trivial iOS features on the front-page (how many iPad 2 availability announcements are necessary in a day?). The "news" is there, MacRumors is interested in focusing on iOS news. Gone are the dedicated display's and affordable towers. Welcome to the new Apple Electronics, Inc., with iPhones and iPads for all the soccer Mom's and fashionista's of the world.

It's a combination of Apple pushing a new market and the consumers lapping it up while those who have used Mac's well before the first iPod have been shuffled out the back door. Call it "whining" (not "Whinging" - OS X has a dictionary and spell check, you might have forgotten using iOS - and yes, I know it's BRITISH SLANG, but it "ain't" accepted proper), or call it an observation, either way YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH lol :p. Oh well.

16. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

You might want to try opening that OSX dictionary before you post about it... ;)

whinge |(h)winj| Brit., informal
    verb ( whingeing ) [ intrans. ]
    complain persistently and in a peevish or irritating way : stop whingeing and get on with it!

17. 3282868 macrumors 603

Yeah the American English dictionary. I know it's British slang, nice try :p

18. 3282868, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2011

3282868 macrumors 603

Ah cause the masses love 'em they MUST be amazing! You're taking this the wrong way, I'm not discounting them at all, merely agreeing with the OP and many others that the days of MAC OS X aren't front page news on MACRumors. For us who use desktop systems and OS X for work/producing and not consuming app's like "Angry Birds" it's a letdown, especially given our financial investment in Apple.

Sheesh, the defensiveness here is stifling. ;)

stifle verb
    sti·fledsti·fling

transitive verb
    1 a : to kill by depriving of oxygen : suffocate
    b (1) : smother (2) : muffle
    2 a : to cut off (as the voice or breath)
    b : to withhold from circulation or expression <stifled our anger>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.