Is this stupid? (MBP buying advice)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nidserz, Sep 30, 2008.

1. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

So like just about everyone on this forum I've been waiting for a new MacBook line since forever.
    I got a 20" 2.66 iMac to keep me busy at home but I miss having a portable that can handle my photoshop needs and can act as a nice media player when I am on vacation every summer for 2 months.
    I loved the MB until I realized how dirty the white gets, the grease on the black, and the cracks. Oh and of course the screen is just awful (compared to my current HP which is bright and glossy and quite good).

Its my birthday on Sunday and I really want to order a MBP with the student Adobe CS4 Design Premium. The rumors for October 14th are sounding really promising, but to be honest I really don't like black keys on my laptop. My current HP has them and they look so gross just from regular use and oils from fingers when typing. Also I am not a fan of the tapered MBA look. I think, key word *think*, I will love this current MBP design, but I am now afraid of the GPU issues, I don't want to have to keep sending in my MBP for repair.

My problem is in order to get the Adobe CS4 I must order on the phone in Canada because in stores it is still CS3.3. If new MBP are announced 14th I won't be able to get the current (which then will be old) MBP with cs4 if I prefer it.

Should I just buy the current MBP on Sunday and then keep it sealed till the 14th to see if I want to exchange/return it?

What do you think? Am I stupid for buying a MBP based on these reasons?

Thanks!

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I'm sure you'll find the previous generation MBP (at discounts) through various vendors after the new one is released... ;)

3. nidserz thread starter macrumors 6502a

nidserz

True, but no Adobe CS4 deal :( With a mac its $399 with just student price its $699.
    Unless vendors here in Canada drop pervious gen by $300 I don't know if its worth it.

Well we have till Sunday to see if any new rumors/evidence is revealed.
    But please keep the advice coming!

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba