is this the actual system for sale?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by franciscogchin, Oct 15, 2008.

1. franciscogchin macrumors newbie

fhttp://www.fadfusion.com/selection.php?product_item_number=10266204108

I am not sure what they are selling, is it actually os x 10.4?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's OS X 10.4 Tiger and its VLA, volume license. So if you buy it and install on a personal computer, that violates the license agreement.

3. franciscogchin thread starter macrumors newbie

wait? so if I buy it, I cant legally install it?

4. hiddenpremise macrumors regular

hiddenpremise

Somewhere between my imagination and reality
    It is a copy of the software not a license. So you can get the physical software but not the legal authority to use it.

5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Basically yes, they've had the option where the volume licenses can provide a physical copy of the media for the user -- without the retail packaging.

These are just the copies of the media, and a VLA license in the box.

No user manual or anything else, probably. Which in the past before pdfs meant a lot.

6. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

7. franciscogchin thread starter macrumors newbie

8. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well, that is your choice of course but with the info in that article (particularly about the risks involved with giving your billing/credit card info to seamy places like these!) I know I would not. The ethics of purchasing shady software are another issue that would keep me away- another thread just last night talked about getting software from one of those places that did not work at all and them not honoring their so called money back guarantee.

Genuine Tiger installation disks with full packaging and documentation are available out there- though the law of supply and demand is kicking in and raising prices since they are an increasingly scarce commodity, but I personally would rather pay the price and be safe ordering a copy through a legitimate supplier that will stand behind the product.