Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatiPhoneKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
with recent iPhone sales not reaching expectations and the recent statement from Apple regarding bent iPad pros, are we witnessing the beginning of the end for Apple? Post your opinion I would love to hear what you have got to say?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
with recent iPhone sales not reaching expectations and the recent statement from Apple regarding bent iPad pros, are we witnessing the beginning of the end for Apple? Post your opinion I would love to hear what you have got to say?

What an apocalyptic thread title, one might even suspect something akin to click-bait.

No, it is not "the beginning of the end of Apple" as the company is highly profitable.

However, it may be yet another step on Apple's path away from focussing on tech and computers to the generation of income from other, perhaps more remunerative, sources.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
OP, looking at your username - and I'm not being condescending by asking this - are you really a kid, as your username tends to suggest?

The reason I'm asking is because it really wasn't that long ago that Apple was in VERY dire straits financially and in terms of product offering and market share - I'm thinking mid-90s or thereabouts. What you're seeing now and wondering if it's "the beginning of the end," this is NOTHING by comparison. Apple recovered just fine from their earlier troubles, this isn't even really a hiccup for them.

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
OP, looking at your username - and I'm not being condescending by asking this - are you really a kid, as your username tends to suggest?

The reason I'm asking is because it really wasn't that long ago that Apple was in VERY dire straits financially and in terms of product offering and market share - I'm thinking mid-90s or thereabouts. What you're seeing now and wondering if it's "the beginning of the end," this is NOTHING by comparison. Apple recovered just fine from their earlier troubles, this isn't even really a hiccup for them.
Only because of SJ, otherwise, it would have went the way of the dodo.

Screwing up many producs will definetly put a dent, and no mattter how big you are, you can still fail.

Now Apple is nowhere near crashing, but they need to start being more carefull, if you lose customer faith, you are done.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Listen, I'm not ThatiPhoneKid's biggest fan, but saying, "Oh, Apple still has zillions in the bank and is still profitable," doesn't mean that this is the *beginning* of the end. For all companies, the growth curve starts to slow the last time somewhere before leveling off and then falling. Where that last growth curve slow begins can definitely be described as the beginning of the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.