Is This The Best iPad browser?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by EssentialParado, Sep 22, 2010.

1. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

2. akm3 macrumors 68020

Haven't tried it, am extremely happy with Atomic

3. caubeck macrumors 6502

I'm using it but I've noticed it has some memory problems.

4. tamasvarga67 macrumors regular

I am happy with iCab. I tried Atomic which was also great but I prefer iCab because of the download feature...

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have been using it for a couple of days now. I like the interface but I too have been having some memory issues with it. The app desperately needs some form of bookmark (favorites) import facility.

6. Ksane macrumors regular

I've got all the main browsers-iCab, Atomic, Perfect, Lunascape, Mercury and now Grazing browser. I like them all for different reasons (Mercury & iCab for downloading). I haven't yet settled on one for a favorite but if Perfect would download files and have a bookmark bar it'd win because I like the more colorful look of it best.
    I don't notice a memory problem at all with Grazing and do like it. I wish we could download files with it though.

7. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

100% AGREED. iCab plus Filer = iOS heaven. Download .rar .zip files and extract them to!

8. EssentialParado thread starter macrumors 65816

Have been using Grazing as my browser. It's a very nice interface and very stable, but sorely needs an update to multi-tasking for me to be able to test it further. I guess i've underestimated how much I've come to depend on iCab's multi-tasking functionality in the 4.2 beta.

9. cfs123 macrumors regular

Been hearing lots of good things about iCab lately. Can you download You Tube videos as well?

-cfs123

10. totalimba macrumors newbie

Yes.

11. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So no one really uses Safari?

I remember hearing that these 3rd party browsers tend to diminish the battery quicker than the native Safari browser app.

?

12. tomaseriksson macrumors member

tomaseriksson

I use Safari and must say that Im happy with it. Very good rendering performance and scrolling is always smooth.

13. BradenG macrumors regular

Lately its been all Safari for me.

The iOS 4.2 betas have been allowing multiple tabs to be open without refreshing them.

I'll have a HTML5 music streamer playing in one tab and open a couple other tabs to browse a forum or check music news and the streamer keeps playing.

14. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

iCab is the first 3rd party browser, that I've been totally happy with. It doesn't look like *****, it looks like Safari with tabs.
    It has full screen, downloads, ad blocking, scrollpad, it's as smooth as Safari, passes the Engadget Scrolling Test™, the list goes on... :D
    With the Browser Changer add-on via Cydia(for jailbroken iPads), it now fuctions as my default browser too!

15. rockinred macrumors member

I really liked Atomic... I had to switch back to Safari due to the excessive battery drain while using Atomic. Over the same amount of time in use, the Atomic would drain it about 1/3 more quickly. If battery is not an issue for some users than the alternatives have come up with some really good designs. I liked the finger swiping for scrolling on Atomic.

16. bier-meister macrumors regular

Do any of these browsers sync bookmarks with mobileme?