Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fallen god

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Houston
Okay so, when I went into the AT&T store to preorder, having my luck of course something went wrong. The computers went down causing quite a bit of fuss throughout the store so my order was taken "manually," meaning I have a yellow sheet of paper with all my order number, CC info and all that jazz. I did recieve an email saying "Thank you for ordering iPhone 4 from AT&T. Your device has been reserved," but what does this mean? Am I going to recieve my device on the 24th, or am i screwed like the rest :/ Also because they had to write down all my information manually, it seems that my order wasn't put through until the 16th even though i ordered at opening on the 15th... Any thoughts?

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    91.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    19.2 KB · Views: 113

LocoMoco

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Iowa
Okay so, when I went into the AT&T store to preorder, having my luck of course something went wrong. The computers went down causing quite a bit of fuss throughout the store so my order was taken "manually," meaning I have a yellow sheet of paper with all my order number, CC info and all that jazz. I did recieve an email saying "Thank you for ordering iPhone 4 from AT&T. Your device has been reserved," but what does this mean? Am I going to recieve my device on the 24th, or am i screwed like the rest :/ Also because they had to write down all my information manually, it seems that my order wasn't put through until the 16th even though i ordered at opening on the 15th... Any thoughts?

Well. All I can say is prepare yourself for the later outcome. It's a generalized preorder confirmation email. It wasn't real specific on a delivery of your package. You are in the boat I am. I am also awaiting delivery/shipping confirmation. My pre-order was done at the AT&T store. It was taken electronically, not by "pen & paper". My receipt is time stamped 1:18pm cst.

My current online order status looks just like yours but dated 06/15/10. As of right now I can only expect my delivery between the June 24-28. I just have to wait for shipment date to tell me other wise. My cc is still in the "authorization" status, and not formally charged. I am waiting for that to change as well to confirm my shipment.

Good luck. I hope this adds for insight not false hopes.

fallen god

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2010
Houston
Yeah, my CC was already charged, well I guess the funds were taken into holding or whatever. The only thing that really is going to upset me if I don't recieve it on the 24th is that they might have no entered my order into the computer until the next day causing it to not be one of the first billion or so done :p

Mademan12321

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
you wont know until you get the Shipping Email. that will give an estimated time of delivery (which is normally accurate).

Probably the best answer out of all the answers I have heard this week, even from the AT&T reps. No need in worrying yourself over the weekend when there's nothing you can do at this point other than cancel and risk it at apple on the 24th or just wait it out. You should know what to expect next week around Tuesday. Now If Wednesday comes and no shipping email comes then I would worry.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Probably the best answer out of all the answers I have heard this week, even from the AT&T reps. No need in worrying yourself over the weekend when there's nothing you can do at this point other than cancel and risk it at apple on the 24th or just wait it out. You should know what to expect next week around Tuesday. Now If Wednesday comes and no shipping email comes then I would worry.

Haha thanks man, it seems the most logical. +1 to your statement too... Here in australia I ordered my Ipad and it stated I would have it on the 7th june. I had a shipping email on the 5th stating it was shipped, and I had it by the 7th :) long story short, apple knows what they are doing and can be relied on :)

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007

My confirmation emails were sent an hour after I ordered from the AT&T Corp store on June 15th. This is what it says

"AT&T - iPhone Wireless Order Confirmation

Dear XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your recent order. Your iPhone has been reserved and is expected to ship on or after June 24, 2010. Your order details as well as activation instructions are included below.

As soon as your device ships, we will send an email confirmation including a tracking number for your convenience. In the meantime, you can check the status of your order on our website at any time by clicking here or by calling our automated system at 1-877-782-8870.

Here are your order details:

iPhone Order

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.