Is this the Current model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grunty, Aug 29, 2014.

1. grunty macrumors newbie

2. cebseb macrumors regular

Yes it is the current model. The only reason I wouldn't pull the trigger is the insane price. You could get the entry level new Mac pro for that price. Are you set on those specs? What exactly are you going to use your device for?

3. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

Yes it is the current model with base specs. There has not previously been a 2.2 GHz retina Macbook Pro. If you’re looking for input on what specs you should get, then we’ll need to know how you’ll use the machine.

I assume you are in the UK due to your link going to the co.uk version of Amazon. Apple charges £1,599 for that machine, and if you are a student you can get a discount.

I don’t know what the exchange rate is, but when I put the $3,348.18 listed on your link through Google it tells me that is £2,017, which is way more than Apple charges.

It is a great machine, and there’s no prima facie reason not to buy if it’s what you need and you find the price acceptable.

4. grunty thread starter macrumors newbie

Didn't think about the international side of things.

That model of MacBook pro is £1599 here - that link has it at £1299 (almost no-brainer territory)

Laptop would be used as an all rounder - I would be running some VM's on it but not too concerned about the CPU for that.

5. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

Yeah, it’ll handle any VMs you throw at it just fine, even several at once since it has 16 GB RAM.