macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
California

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
That's about the best you're going to do in today's market. But people have had mixed results with OmniTechnologies RAM...so don't be surprised if you have problems with it. But if it works, great.

Personally, I trust OWC and DMS for my RAM purchases, but they'll cost you a bit more.

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
i bought two gigs of G.Skill from newegg.. at the time it was cheaper, but it's $100 a stick now. a lot of users on here have successfully used G.Skill.. so if you're going to go with an off brand, I'd go with that.. plus it's cheaper than the sticks you pointed to.

bloodycape

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 18, 2005
California
WildCowboy said:
That's about the best you're going to do in today's market. But people have had mixed results with OmniTechnologies RAM...so don't be surprised if you have problems with it. But if it works, great.

Personally, I trust OWC and DMS for my RAM purchases, but they'll cost you a bit more.
I like the OWC better and only cost a little more. But, is there much difference between the OWC model and the techworks model they have on their site and is it worth the extra cash? Then there is the Samsung is that better that the other two?

Any other site? Zane could maybe show us where we can find ram at a lower price than Omni?

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
The RAM prices all went up this week due to supply and demand.

When you take a hard look at the prices for single 1 Gb sticks, you're
almost better off shopping for a 2 GB kit.

All these dual core machines perform best with matched DIMMS.

fusionstudios

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2006
G.Skill rocks! Installed it a month ago and my MBP has worked great ever since. Get it from NewEgg.