Is this the END FOR ME!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheskiz, Mar 6, 2008.

1. cheskiz macrumors member

I am living in singapore and itunes store arent available here. What can i do, i am seeing pple from other parts of the world getting january update and me not being able to do any.

My question is, whats the probability of itunes store coming to singapore.

2nd question, can i get the january update off from someone at us, who have downloaded the file already.

2. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

I dunno if you can get the file because...

1.It downloads directly from iTunes on your computer to your iPod

2.ITS ILLEGAL

3. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

I understand that its illegal but apple just got think of other countries. He bring the ipod offshore to singapore though a small island but since he is selling the ipod touch, i think they should be responsible enough to have a source for the users to get their update from.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

I agree ! > To have the machine but not the software to operate it fully is just plain silly.

Try contacting apple via e mail to pose your issue.

Good luck

5. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Not iTunes, but iTunes STORE. He has a good point - there are official apple stores all over Singapore, but no way for people to update their touch software - you'd think they'd sell it on CDs at least...

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

JAILBREAK yout touch lol

7. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

Jail breaking isn't going to help him any. He still needs a download source, not a hacked up device.

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

If you make an account for another country and load it with iTunes gift cards, you can get the updates that way. Just don't try to pair a foriegn credit card with the account.

9. cheskiz thread starter macrumors member

Thats to say I can still get the updates so long I got a credit card? Even though I am not in a country with iTunes stores. But for the update, it state user must reside in a country with iTunes store