Is this the mouse for me?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by clamshell0SX, Jul 18, 2008.

1. clamshell0SX macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, this is my first post here, sorry if it's in the wrong sub-forum. I recently purchased an iBook g3 clamshell, model #M6411, I will be doing some movie editing and will need a mouse. Im looking at the Mighty Mouse, how do I know which one is compatible with my laptop? There is the Apple Pro Mouse, Model M5769 and the Apple Mighty Mouse A1152. Can anyone tell me which one would be compatible with my m6a11 g3 iBook? Thanks!

2. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Welcome to the forums.

I would assume any USB mouse would work provided you have USB ports on the clamshell (which you should)

What OS are you running? What are the specs of that clamshell?

I am going to tell you up front that it's going to be painfully slow to do some video editing on a G3 more than likely.

3. clamshell0SX thread starter macrumors newbie

Model # M6411
    466mHz
    576mb Ram
    40gb Hard Drive
    DVD drive
    USB
    FIREWIRE
    Mac OS X 10.3.9

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Yep, just about any USB mouse should work fine, as Panther has basic mouse drivers built into the OS core. But before buying one, it would be worth your time to check for 10.3 compatible drivers to get full funtionality.......

5. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

Any usb mouse should work.

But as I said...good luck with that "video editing" I don't think you're going to get very far with a 466mhz g3. I'm really sorry to be negative.

May I ask if you just purchased the machine from someone or if you've had it for a while.

6. clamshell0SX thread starter macrumors newbie

i just bought it off of ebay. and thanks for the info!