Is this the NEW iPod??? (PICS)

Discussion in 'iPod' started by robPOD, Jul 24, 2007.

1. robPOD macrumors 6502

2. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

3. robPOD thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry I forgot the link, its up now

4. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

I know. Sorry, I was analyzing the picture. Hmm... I don't know. Looks like an iPhone, just a bit smaller. Could be an iPhone, though. :confused:

5. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Hmmm...just looks like those age old knock-ups of the fabbled touch screen iPod.

Look at the way its sitting. How is this photo taken?...is it lying flat and the picture is taken from above?

Is it balancing on it's side on top of something? The shadows and reflections look inconsistent.
    (look at me, trying to be clever! I'm not sure but personally don't think it's real). Anyone else with a keen eye?

6. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

I reply to this thread again... right as an iPhone commercial comes on. :p

We need a second, third, fourth, Apple-sourced opinion! Go!

7. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Its kind of suspect that this is the only picture in the guys account.

Zoomed in real close, there definitely seems to be a line of demarcation around the screen.

8. robPOD thread starter macrumors 6502

i dont think they do if you look closely you can see the camera on the left and all the other stuff looks alright , i th

Yeah It does look a little strange but I think thats becuase of the weird angle its been taken on.

9. Antaios macrumors regular

Fake. I just opened it in photoshop.... no camera information embedded in the file info... :mad:

10. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I don't think so. The there is a blue pixel border that looks as if its layered under and blended, but then sharp corners in spots. Looks photoshopped.

11. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I'm going to say fake. It seems that the bezel on the left and right sides seem to be different sizes. The screen seems to be off center and it doesn't reach all of the LCD panel. When you look at the text "Now Playing" at the top of the screen, there is a break in there and also it is seperated more than needed.

Also the fact that there is no EXIF data in either the file, as pointed out by Antaios and none in Flickr, as well as there no being Panasonic LC-80, only a Panasonic Lumix DMC LC-80 and the only thing corresponding is the time, I'm going to declare fake.

12. robPOD thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I agree going over it, it looks kind of dubious but I geuss we will find out soon enough Aug 7.

13. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

Nice find. sigh.

14. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

look at the reflection on the wood. you can see the default menu screen of the current ipod. looks like they forgot to photoshop that part :rolleyes:

15. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Ha, you're right, that is too funny.

16. RumMunkey macrumors 6502a

RumMunkey

Too bad this is likely fake, because it's exactly how I evnision (read: hope) the new iPod would be -except for the AirPort. I don't see Apple making iPod WiFi yet. Maybe Bluetooth with some wireless headphones, but not outright WiFi.

17. robPOD thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah this sadly looks like a fake. I do hope apple does release something like this though.

18. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Whether there is camera information (EXIF) embedded or not means nothing. It could be a real photo with the EXIF data stripped (by saving for web through photoshop or some other way)

... or someone could just as easily create a fake iPod mockup and embed fake EXIF data into the file.

19. RidleyGriff macrumors regular

I thought the "full-screen" button in the lower-right corner was a big tell as well.

Because on an iPod screen, it would be useful to have coverflow at a reduced size why exactly?

Cluttered, busy and unintuitive from a UI perspective, and sloppy with the wood reflection from a basic photoshopping perspective. Hope this person didn't spend more than a couple minutes on it.

20. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Well it definitely seems to have the same screen issue as many of the iPhones (the little white 'checker' matrix)

21. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Not this again......

This is another one of those well know widescreen photoshoped iPods, I've seen too many of these.

22. amd4me macrumors 6502

This is an HP monitor that has been photoshopped.

23. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

Fake. Fake. Fake!

But a nice fake all the same ;)

24. Darkenvamp macrumors member

YUP ofcourse its fake ?! ,, >_>
    but,anyway it looks really cool,i would for sure buy the new ipod if it looks like this one..

25. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

A very big chunk of suspect. Why do these people even bother if they can't do a proper job?