iPod Is this the NEW iPod??? (PICS)

chrisdazzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2006
Colorado
I know. Sorry, I was analyzing the picture. Hmm... I don't know. Looks like an iPhone, just a bit smaller. Could be an iPhone, though. :confused:

GilGrissom

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2005
Hmmm...just looks like those age old knock-ups of the fabbled touch screen iPod.

Look at the way its sitting. How is this photo taken?...is it lying flat and the picture is taken from above?

Is it balancing on it's side on top of something? The shadows and reflections look inconsistent.
(look at me, trying to be clever! I'm not sure but personally don't think it's real). Anyone else with a keen eye?

chrisdazzo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2006
Colorado
I reply to this thread again... right as an iPhone commercial comes on. :p

We need a second, third, fourth, Apple-sourced opinion! Go!

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Its kind of suspect that this is the only picture in the guys account.

Zoomed in real close, there definitely seems to be a line of demarcation around the screen.

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
The shadows and reflections look inconsistent.
i dont think they do if you look closely you can see the camera on the left and all the other stuff looks alright , i th

Zoomed in real close, there definitely seems to be a line of demarcation around the screen.
Yeah It does look a little strange but I think thats becuase of the weird angle its been taken on.

Royale w/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2007
Yeah It does look a little strange but I think thats becuase of the weird angle its been taken on.
I don't think so. The there is a blue pixel border that looks as if its layered under and blended, but then sharp corners in spots. Looks photoshopped.

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
I'm going to say fake. It seems that the bezel on the left and right sides seem to be different sizes. The screen seems to be off center and it doesn't reach all of the LCD panel. When you look at the text "Now Playing" at the top of the screen, there is a break in there and also it is seperated more than needed.

Also the fact that there is no EXIF data in either the file, as pointed out by Antaios and none in Flickr, as well as there no being Panasonic LC-80, only a Panasonic Lumix DMC LC-80 and the only thing corresponding is the time, I'm going to declare fake.

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
Yeah I agree going over it, it looks kind of dubious but I geuss we will find out soon enough Aug 7.

kymac

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2006
portland
look at the reflection on the wood. you can see the default menu screen of the current ipod. looks like they forgot to photoshop that part :rolleyes:

RumMunkey

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2006
Canada
Too bad this is likely fake, because it's exactly how I evnision (read: hope) the new iPod would be -except for the AirPort. I don't see Apple making iPod WiFi yet. Maybe Bluetooth with some wireless headphones, but not outright WiFi.

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
Yeah this sadly looks like a fake. I do hope apple does release something like this though.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Fake. I just opened it in photoshop.... no camera information embedded in the file info... :mad:
Whether there is camera information (EXIF) embedded or not means nothing. It could be a real photo with the EXIF data stripped (by saving for web through photoshop or some other way)

... or someone could just as easily create a fake iPod mockup and embed fake EXIF data into the file.

RidleyGriff

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2006
I thought the "full-screen" button in the lower-right corner was a big tell as well.

Because on an iPod screen, it would be useful to have coverflow at a reduced size why exactly?

Cluttered, busy and unintuitive from a UI perspective, and sloppy with the wood reflection from a basic photoshopping perspective. Hope this person didn't spend more than a couple minutes on it.

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
Well it definitely seems to have the same screen issue as many of the iPhones (the little white 'checker' matrix)

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Not this again......

This is another one of those well know widescreen photoshoped iPods, I've seen too many of these.

Darkenvamp

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2007
YUP ofcourse its fake ?! ,, >_>
but,anyway it looks really cool,i would for sure buy the new ipod if it looks like this one..

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
A very big chunk of suspect. Why do these people even bother if they can't do a proper job?