Is this the new Mac Mini? [Photo] (Macenstein)

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by macbookairman, Dec 20, 2008.

1. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

http://macenstein.com/default/archives/1869

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Top: Anonymously Submitted Photo
    Bottom: Current Model Mac Mini (For Comparison)

looks interesting. don't know what the possibilities of it being real are or not (i'm not a photoshop expert). It certainly follows the Apples current aluminum enclosure trend.

Taken from Macenstein Article Link

EDIT: I want to make sure people understand that
    a.) I didn't create this picture.
    b.) I am in no way saying it is accurate/real
    c.) I just want to hear your input as to what parts of this design (if any, or all) you could see being put into a new mac mini.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'd much rather they style it after the Time Capsule/Airport Extreme than the new laptops.

Who wants a curved-top desktop?

3. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

Looks like the top half of a unibody...

A curved body could work, the mini's sides are already aluminum and curved, agree about the top though.
    Still, I think its a bit early for anything concrete/definite to pop up. I imagine that is the sort of thing we can expect though.

Expect another 100X of these threads in the run up to macworld, except more ridiculous :p

4. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

Looks like a shrunked, photoshopped pic of the new MacBooks... just my 2 cents...

Victor

5. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

Yeah, it looks more like a photoshopped laptop to be honest...I mean, what's with the rim above the Optical Drive? It makes no sense.

6. macbookairman thread starter macrumors 6502a

i agree 100%. just though people might be interested in this. it DOES look alot like a photoshopped MacBook.

while i like the general look of the aluminum, i do not like the curved top.

7. Joe The Dragon macrumors 6502

Easy off top?

But the mini needs to be a little bigger not smaller.

Atom + nvidia 9400 will be slower then todays mini and likey this will need a smaller HD and ram part of the main board as well.

and if apple wants $600 for that they are saying that they can't beat psystar in hardware so we will do it in court.

8. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

9. iMacmatician macrumors 601

Looks like the optical drive is taking up most of the computer.

And that's not the only reason why I say fake, the others are already mentioned in this thread.

10. nplima macrumors 6502a

I like it :)
    Can you imagine a Mac Mini so mini that its top is one of those clever trackpads like they use on Macbooks?

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You'd have to have either NAND memory or an SSD standard in something like that.

People moving their machines around to touch them... You're going to have it in your lap, and with a regular hard drive...

Completely impractical.

12. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I half like it. The "rim" above the optical media drive, well, look at the AirPort Base Stations and Time Capsules out there. You what I'm saying? I think, on one hand, it looks like a photoshop job done by removing the middle section of the unibody notebooks, and fixing/adding the ( rim ) curved nature of the screen. On the other, it does look like a viable design.

13. petermcphee macrumors 6502a

petermcphee

I guess I will be the only fool in the thread: I think it's real. Plus, if that rim around the top is, as someone mentioned earlier upthread, an easy off access point to the inside, so much the better.

Call me a fool, but I think it's real.:D

Anxiously awaiting being called a fool by one hundred people.

14. mpshay macrumors 6502

I need another HTPC. I'm probably going to get another Mini no mater what, but I'm certainly hoping for an upgrade next month. Ends up hidden in a cabinet so I don't really care to much about the design. I'd love to get HDMI but not holding my breath.

15. TrapOx macrumors 6502

That photochop is not possible. There would be no room for the logicboard, processor or cooling.

16. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

Rumors were that the mini would use full 3.5" SATA drives. If that's the case this mini would be low and long, and we can't see the back half of this rectangular computer. Maybe Apple is doing some token SSD for the OS inside the mini and then you need externals... I somehow doubt it.

Time will tell. Only a couple weeks to go.

17. Elven macrumors 6502a

Elven

If that is the new Mini. Then I think personally it is an awful design.

In my opinion however, I go with the view that it is simply a photoshop of a UniBody MacBook.

18. philipxz macrumors regular

philipxz

LOL that look's like the macbook with the bottom stretched...

Eww. Why would there be a creased right above the drive?

19. intempo808 macrumors regular

I like it. The rim around the top might be a small air vent to let the rising hot air out?

I dunno. Looks god though, i'd buy one.

20. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

The top bevel is actually a 7" screen. So this is really like a keyboard/trackpadless Macbook Mini :D

But the top might be removable so you can add extra's like a better video card or more storage and will come with as stackable add-ons. Just remove the top, add the stack and put the top back on...

21. dadudeness macrumors regular

dadudeness

yepp, thats what i thought

22. naid macrumors regular

That does look like a photoshop job. Soon enough, we'll find out though.

23. fteoath64 macrumors regular

fteoath64

:D Now ain't that a great idea ? :apple:
    Slightly slanted over-sized trackpad with zero buttons, err the trackpad is one huge click button. Then I could use my MBP with the mini!. It would be really really innovative if they can make the bluetooth wireless keyboard dual-homed to two machines at the same time. Give us a toggle button like Ctrl-Apple to switch. Same with tracktpad on Mini to control MBP. I always use 2 machines at the same time and 3 or 4 monitors. :apple:??

PS: Two Macs always better than one!