Is this the quitest year for leaks/rumours?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GRANTCKING, Aug 10, 2015.

1. GRANTCKING macrumors regular

is it just me or there has there been hardly any leaks/hype/anticipation for the new phone which is now what only 6 weeks from arrival?

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I have been thinking the same thing for a while. Remember all of those countless iPhone 5c leaked shells and even the iPad Air's leaked shell many months before it was released?

Maybe they really are doubling-down on secrecy?

3. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Or they aren't making new devices :eek:

4. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

No, please don't jinx it :D

5. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

True I do prefer it though, will make the event more worth while to watch!

6. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I know what you mean, there is a lot of uncertainty about the iPhone line-up for this year, so there is room for surprises!

7. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I mean to be honest I highly doubt I'd be upgrading to an iPhone 6s considering I have a iPhone 6+, from what I've seen I don't think its worth the upgrade, but as I've said before unless there is something in the woodwork that we don't know off then I'd upgrade.

8. Dave245 macrumors 603

Dave245

This event does seem to be a bit quiet on the leak front, especially considering a "credible" source has said there will also be iPad's at the same event. However i doubt it but i could be wrong and Apple could be improving security to prevent leaks.

9. bushman4 macrumors 68020

excitement is gone. Apples planted leaks took care of that.
    Don't expect too much new from the 6S and you won't be disappointed.

10. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Seems like a few leaks just today. And a few more at the end of last week.

11. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

We've seen photos of both the screen and back casing of the 6s (and video with the back casing.) so far. I would assume more to come as this month goes on.

12. Merkie macrumors 68020

Seems like a normal year to be honest. Everything's exposed already. We even saw high resolution images of the 6S rear shell already.

13. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

We've seen the backside, the screen, connectors, battery, the OS, RAM, colors. What else do you want? The built-in "oh, just one more thing" coffee machine?

14. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

In relation to the last year, it is very quiet, in comparison to prior years maybe not as much. I think there was pent up demand, and desire for a larger phone so people lapped up every bit of rumor, tidbit and news about it last year. This being a S cycle year, many people realize not much will change in terms of the form factor, so I think its a bit laid back

15. Dave245 macrumors 603

Dave245

Phone wise I agree, there have been a few leaks and like you say it's probably more laid back because it's a s model. But considering there is suppose to be a new device ie the iPad Pro we haven't seen any leaks, even tho it will probably be October before it is announced I would of thought there would of been leaks starting to come out surrounding it.

16. BMcCoy macrumors 68000

BMcCoy

Always less rumours about the xS iPhones.. probably as the improvements are not typically around the hardware.
    Software leaks are less common.

Regarding iPads, I would assume the leack of any big rumours/leaks would suggest only small updates this year.

Apple TV is another matter.. I am surprised there have been no hardware leaks on this, if it really is to be a new model unleashed next month.

17. Jsameds macrumors 68040

I've seen more Galaxy leaks this year than iPhone, which is unusual.

18. Dave245 macrumors 603

Dave245

Except the iPad Pro is rumoured to be out this year, unless Apple are not considering it a new device. At this point it's all rumour and guesses but i'm really hoping the iPad Pro exists and will be released this year!!!!

19. Dave245 macrumors 603

Dave245

Yea the Note 5 has leaked more than any device I've ever seen, Samsung don't really need to hold their event now :rolleyes:

20. Blujelly macrumors 65816

Blujelly

I really hope there is a Apple TV update, its about time!

21. Broadus macrumors 6502a

I think that folks are growing tired of the latest/greatest hype and realize that little from year to year changes what they experience in their day-to-day phone usage. Perhaps it's not so much fewer leaks as it is less interest in reposting things in forums. I don't know--just a guess.

Regardless, I'm planning to move up from my 4S that I bought new in 2011, so I'm interested in news of the expected 6S. Like others, I'm not expecting much improvement over the 6, but I'll probably buy a 6S because I intend to use it for the next four or five years.

22. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

There aren't many I've noticed. Like others have pointed out, the S models almost always have less leaks/rumors. Someone could just take apart their iPhone 6 and take pictures of it with a low-res camera, and send it into websites as "leaks" of the new iPhone 6s. Design changes are usually what drives rumors, so S models have less.

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

24. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

I was hoping to see a leaked pink or rose gold shell by now. And to know for sure if the 6s has 2GB RAM and OIS. As a 6Plus owner looking to downsize but not downgrade in specs, I am eager to know about these details in advance.

I would also like to have an idea of the battery capacity for the 6s. The one rumor of the new battery having less capacity made me grumpy.

25. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Even if there were some leaks about those things it wouldn't really mean that's what it would be for sure until Apple announces it all.